Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a arms should I consider running with 18.25” Axis shocks and what size rear shock should I be looking for

·
Registered
616 Posts
Typically you want to get the arms first then the shocks, buuuutttt I think gibson, roll, and some others use a shock in the ballpark of 18.25" (they could be 18.75 though). The shocks may also have shims inside that limit their overall length, you wont know this unless they are fully disassembled (ideally by a shop). But if that is the case they could be removed and increase the length.

Really there are some questions that need to be answered to be of better help...
What type of riding are you going to do
Do you know what the shocks are off of?
For the rear - what is the suspension setup back there (stock 86/87 or 88/89, no link, cr500)?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Typically you want to get the arms first then the shocks, buuuutttt I think gibson, roll, and some others use a shock in the ballpark of 18.25" (they could be 18.75 though). The shocks may also have shims inside that limit their overall length, you wont know this unless they are fully disassembled (ideally by a shop). But if that is the case they could be removed and increase the length.

Really there are some questions that need to be answered to be of better help...
What type of riding are you going to do
Do you know what the shocks are off of?
For the rear - what is the suspension setup back there (stock 86/87 or 88/89, no link, cr500)?

It was kind of an impulse buy cause the price and condition of the shocks I couldn’t pass it by! Would 1/2” be a big deal mounting them on let’s say roll design or Laeger?! The shocks were mounted on a set of Rolls! In the rear it currently has a link, prob will keep it link, I will be adding a +2 or +4 swingarm but as far as a size shock for the rear I do not know what I should put in the rear, deff will go aftermarket maybe Axis or Elka or PEP I’m not sure what to do

1 - 3 of 3 Posts