Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m struggling to install a CT pipe. If I tuck the stinger connector behind the frame upright then I cannot swing the end under the radiator in place. If I get the inlet in under the radiator I cannot get the stringer connector behind the frame upright. I will see if I can post pictures

·
Registered
29 Posts
You’re not stupid. I’ve had my pipe on and off several times and the last time I did it gave me some trouble too. I have the adjustable LRD that splits in 2 pieces at the expansion chamber and still had a hard time. I’ve never had a CT pipe so I’m sure there are others with better experience but from looking at the pictures based on the bend my guess would be that rear piece has to get tucked behind the upright first.

Try putting the rear in like you have it in the third picture, then try to pull the front as forward as you can get it. Twist and wiggle the pipe gently and see if it drops through. If not, try raising and lowering the back piece while wiggling the front. Best of luck. That’s a real sweet looking R!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
First remove the silencer and get it out of your way. Slide the stinger inside the rear part of the frame and work the front of that 1/2 into place. Reinstall the silencer after you have installed the header and have the pipe in place.

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
I’m struggling to install a CT pipe. If I tuck the stinger connector behind the frame upright then I cannot swing the end under the radiator in place. If I get the inlet in under the radiator I cannot get the stringer connector behind the frame upright. I will see if I can post pictures
Post all pictures of the complete pipe, header, muffler...let's make sure you have all the pieces & correct ones. As an FYI; not all pipes fit well, sometimes they can be a real 'bear' to install properly, patience is the key IMO.

Carlos

·
Registered
885 Posts
Couple "fitment" dents on pipe
sometimes even tap corner of back arm tab to flatten so helps slide past

1 - 9 of 9 Posts