Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanna know how to check and make sure its pumping. I believe it have never been touched.

·
Super Moderator
4,273 Posts
One way, is to pull the pump cover off & check the ends of those blades on the impeller. To make sure the ends are not worn any, from like when the bearing may have went bad & let the impeller run aginst the defuser tin & put wear on the blades.
Check to make sure that defuser tin is in place, between the pump cover & clutch cover housing, because how its formed, it directs the coolant to flow proper, sits real close to the impeller so the coolant cant bypass the impeller.

Never mix different types/brands of antifreeze, because there are some brands when mixed with others, can turn to jel then turn solid when heated. You'll have a mess for sure after that if you do. Stuff looks just like chalk all in the coolant jacket in the cylinder, head & lord help the radiator.
Neil

·
Super Moderator
4,273 Posts
Well, only if the bearing may be bad or the seal might be leaking.
Theres a weap hole, directly under the water pump in the bottom of the clutch cover. It is there to aleart you should the main seal start to leak, with a drip, so if you see that then yes probably would be a good idea to go ahead & rebuild the pump.
If those impeller blades are worn, it needs to be replaced.
Neil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never mix different types/brands of antifreeze, because there are some brands when mixed with others, can turn to jel then turn solid when heated. You'll have a mess for sure after that if you do. Stuff looks just like chalk all in the coolant jacket in the cylinder, head & lord help the radiator.
Neil
wondering if this might be why my waterpump and cover corroded, put a pin hole clean thru my pump cover and it almost looked deformed/ melted . definitely have the white chalky stuff goin' on too... : /

1 - 5 of 5 Posts