Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Houser's website says they are not available for the 250R. Anyone know why? Anyone know if there is a way to make the 450 or another models pro bounce nerf fit on a 250R? I apologize if this has been asked before.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
im sure they are not made for the 250r due to low demand. They came out long after the 250r was in its hay day. Rath Racing makes the best nerf bars for the 250R.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not afraid of a little fab work. I just think the suspension in your foot pegs would be cool. And well worth the extra work...

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Rath raicing does make 250R nerfs. I just bought 2 sets. They just came out with them this year and havent updated there site.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Rath racing has a facebook page. If you go to there pictures and look down a ways you will find them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
there are kits to mount 450R footpegs on the 250r, so I would think if you use those then the houser nerfs would fit... ??

·
Registered
444 Posts
Ive seen quite a few photos of 04/05 450r nerf bars on 250r's and I believe it was without using the kits for the foot peg mounts. I think troybilt (or troybuilt) on atvriders.com had put up pics on there of his.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I believe troy had factory43. ...which June has now lol
I've never been impressed with rath...seen alot of the 450 guys break em. It's kewl their making them, but I wouldn't buy them. Jmo

·
Registered
500 Posts
there are kits to mount 450R footpegs on the 250r, so I would think if you use those then the houser nerfs would fit... ??
If you could get the kit, I would think it wouldn't be to hard to make the 450R nerfs fit 250R. I have a set of the Houser nerfs on my 450R, they attach at the footpegs, the front mount then attaches to the frame with U-bolts, then you just have to figure out the heel guards. I think it could be done, just not sure where that front mount would end up in relation to a 250R frame.

As I mentioned, I have a set of Houser nerfs on one of my 450R's, then I also have a set on one of my 700XX's. They are awesome nerfs, the suspension in the pegs really takes the edge off the big hits. Very happy with them.

Doug

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think I might order the pro bounce 450 nerfs and try to make them work. Nothing my local welding shop can't handle, I'm sure...

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have a set i am getting ready to modify to fit the r, from what i can tell something like a pro peg adapter is going to have to be welded to the back bottom of the houser nerd and the steel bracket that holds the heel guard has to be cut in half and welded to either side of the pro peg adapter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts