Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what caused a big hole in my piston it was a fresh rebuild with just a few hours on it it is a 265cc bore I don’t want to rebuild it and have this happen again any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
52 Posts
what was your compression ratio v fuel you were using did you do a uccr! as it also looks like it has been detonating

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what caused a big hole in my piston it was a fresh rebuild with just a few hours on it it is a 265cc bore I don’t want to rebuild it and have this happen again any advice would be greatly appreciated View attachment 64081
I would agree a bad air-leak or extremely low Octane relative to Compression...

Try to determine if the engine overall has no air-leaks first, full leak down test, then perform a complete UCCR & Squish Test. You can look up UCCR & Squish Test that I wrote years ago & posted by BDT Motorsports here on .NET...self explanatory & a real good-safe way to insure you prevent another major piston failure.

Carlos

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recently replaced the crank seals but On the engine and changed a few water pump pieces but other than that nothing changed that topend came off another bottom end I had ran it on the other motor A little while and piston looked good when I took it apart because bearing in bottom end went out So I changed it to the other bottom end I had and figured I would change crank seals while I was doing I was running 93 octane with klutz r50 mixed 40to 1 could the crank seals have caused that and what is the process for a leak down test thanks for all replies

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
IMO...you got an Airleak as stated above. You need insure if you do, that you find it, and fix the leak before rebuilding, otherwise you will fry it again.

Carlos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts