Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1986 trx 250r with a hinson clutch fiber and steel plates in it with hinson basket I ordered a new set of hinson plates steel and fiber I noticed there was 2 different 7 plate models to choose from so I ordered one well that wasn't the right one the one that came doesnt match up with the fingers on my basket so I put the old fibers back in it until I figure out what to get right. I have owned this trx for a lil over a year and before hand the guy I bought it from did t ride it much when I looked at the basket it had just started to groove but not bad at all really all my other clutch parts are oem and in good shape plus the 89 clutch upgrade is already installed and a magura hymec clutch lever system is there multiple baskets for the trx or is the fiber kit the wrong kit please help so I dont have to buy a whole kit for 1000

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would try to find a part number on the basket and get in touch with hinson.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
So I have a 1986 trx 250r with a hinson clutch fiber and steel plates in it with hinson basket I ordered a new set of hinson plates steel and fiber I noticed there was 2 different 7 plate models to choose from so I ordered one well that wasn't the right one the one that came doesnt match up with the fingers on my basket so I put the old fibers back in it until I figure out what to get right. I have owned this trx for a lil over a year and before hand the guy I bought it from did t ride it much when I looked at the basket it had just started to groove but not bad at all really all my other clutch parts are oem and in good shape plus the 89 clutch upgrade is already installed and a magura hymec clutch lever system is there multiple baskets for the trx or is the fiber kit the wrong kit please help so I dont have to buy a whole kit for 1000
Here is some real & useful information as to why you may be having issues. Over the years Hinson has made 5 different baskets for the 250R, 3 of them used different fibers & steels than OEM for the 250R. Most of the prior versions are discontinued for the 250R.

The latest baskets from Hinson are two versions, both use OEM fibers & Steels, however; one version uses only the Hinson Pressure Plate, Basket, Cushions and Center Hub….

I know Ron & Mike at Hinson quite well, they are 10 minutes from BDT, we have a very good working relationship, email BDT Motorsports at [email protected] pictures of your Basket, Center Plate and Pressure Hub, BDT can get you the discontinued Baskets & Clutch parts to cure your issues, most of these we have in stock as ‘old stock’.

Carlos

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Good looking I will take everything apart in the morning and respond back to you guys carlos can I send you pics in a text I bought a ignition off you maybe a month ago and you gave me your number then would that be alright
Or better yet what hinson clutch basket fits hinson fiber plate part #fp014-7-001 thanks everybody I will be calling you this afternoon carlos
Call BDT or my cell at your convenience; here to help.

Carlos

1 - 6 of 6 Posts