Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im an old buck who still like quads. I got a fully built Banshee and im about to buy a TRX 250r for my son. It will be his first quad and my banshee is too much, power wise, for a noobs.

So, i'm reading stuff here and wait to find a good deal localy (Quebec, Canada).

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

Envoyé de mon SM-G965W en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Can’t go wrong with an r I was always a dirtbike guy till I bought an r and I love mine handles awesome and rides smooth in the woods plus plenty of power

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm sorry but I don't think an R is a good choice for a kids first quad, unless your son has at least some experience riding already.

·
Registered
876 Posts
get him a 250X, not R :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
Im an old buck who still like quads. I got a fully built Banshee and im about to buy a TRX 250r for my son. It will be his first quad and my banshee is too much, power wise, for a noobs.

So, i'm reading stuff here and wait to find a good deal localy (Quebec, Canada).

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my first language.

Welcome to the Home of the 250R...:)

IMO...get your son a 250R; Best of the Best...!

Carlos

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm sorry but I don't think an R is a good choice for a kids first quad, unless your son has at least some experience riding already.
I though about a blaster, but he's 16 years old, 6' and 175lbs, so he will outgrow the blaster too fast.

He ride my Shee, but 110whp for a trail bike is kind of retard, even for me ;-)

So a nice trx with a stock engine should be ok.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I say go with a stock r then as he grows used to u can build it as he gets older I’d say if u get a blaster or 250x for him u will be selling it in no time looking for something with more power and more comfortable to ride

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, i find this one, at a very good price!!!!

'87 with some mods, stock suspension, for only 3500$ Canukistan dollars, wich is about 500$ us ;-)

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
Get an R! Doesn’t matter what year, just get one! I was 13 yr old when my father bought me my 1986 R which I still proudly own! I learned on that bike and I was able to ride ANYTHING after learning on my R!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok, a little bit more details.
It got a cool head( dunno dome size).
Fmf fatty pipe ( mid range pipe?)
A nice Flexx handle bar
Intake
An adjustable rear linkage.
2 other jugs, one 86 and the other 87 and 2 new pistons kits

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice find, I bet your son is excited! I hope to ride with my son someday too, he's only 5 but he rocks his Razr Dirt Quad lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts