Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I should perform an entire uccr on this but I’m unable to right now so I need some help. I have a 67mm cylinder, long rod, HF1 head, port heights are standard. Piston is .060 below the deck at the edge from the top of the cylinder, head holds 18cc of liquid with the spark plug hole filled prior to the 18cc measurement. Goal is running on 91ethanol free gas. Can I get away with using the single piece or should I use the entire 3 piece oem head gasket.? Squish would be .070 with the thin gasket...Worried about the compression and detonation. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
382 Posts
i run bdt oem head. no gasket. orings.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
i run bdt oem head. no gasket. orings.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really the best improvement IMO; eliminate leaks, improve performance :)

I know I should perform an entire uccr on this but I’m unable to right now so I need some help. I have a 67mm cylinder, long rod, HF1 head, port heights are standard. Piston is .060 below the deck at the edge from the top of the cylinder, head holds 18cc of liquid with the spark plug hole filled prior to the 18cc measurement. Goal is running on 91ethanol free gas. Can I get away with using the single piece or should I use the entire 3 piece oem head gasket.? Squish would be .070 with the thin gasket...Worried about the compression and detonation. Thanks guys!
If no UCCR and you are looking for a quick safe answer; go with the 3 piece Honda Metal Gasket, not the aftermarket copies. At 91 Oct; this will be more than safe.

Carlos

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks Carlos. So then if I use a single layer from the three piece oem head gasket that would cause detonation?
Really the best improvement IMO; eliminate leaks, improve performance :)

If no UCCR and you are looking for a quick safe answer; go with the 3 piece Honda Metal Gasket, not the aftermarket copies. At 91 Oct; this will be more than safe.

Carlos

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Ok thanks Carlos. So then if I use a single layer from the three piece oem head gasket that would cause detonation?
Likely not, I say it would be marginal, specially if the Gas was not quite that good, and coming from the Pump, their is a lot of variation; why risk it...

Again; the answer is performing a UCCR, if not, be safe and run the 3 piece.

Carlos

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Likely not, I say it would be marginal, specially if the Gas was not quite that good, and coming from the Pump, their is a lot of variation; why risk it...

Again; the answer is performing a UCCR, if not, be safe and run the 3 piece.

Carlos
Thanks Carlos!! I appreciate it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts