Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 36mm PJ With a 190main and a 42 pilot. Im running 32:1 with Yamalube 2r at the coast. I have my air screw 2 turns out. and i have messed with the idle. it has been just cleaned out with carb cleaner and it still wont IDLE. Anyone Know What Could Be The Problem? I just got a fresh top end(sleeve,piston,seals) and i checked all my seals for leaks. No air leaks. Still wont idle. Feed Back Would Help. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Pilot jet sounds small.

·
Registered
418 Posts
did it ever idle well? before the recent work?

what has been changed between now and the last time it did idle

from what very very little i do know, pj carbs hate to idle.

swap it for a pwk

·
Registered
83 Posts
did it ever idle well? before the recent work?

what has been changed between now and the last time it did idle

from what very very little i do know, pj carbs hate to idle.

swap it for a pwk
I replaced my reeds, reed cage, cdi, coil, flywheel, both crank seals, multiple compression checks, 3 successful leak down tests, to finally one day swap the carb for a pwk....night and day difference. I wouldn't have believed a carb can simply just go bad but the pj's do...the idle circuit and choke are shared on the pj and its not a good design...they will go bad and it just will not idle consistently. I re jetted from 58 down to 42 and it still seemed rich...swapped a pwk with a 58 pilot..which was way rich and the thing all idled and ran better that it ever did with the pj. Replace it with a pwk...even if your jetting is way off it will start and idle...just my.02

·
Registered
418 Posts
agreed. i got a cr500 with a pj and it just will not idle and if it does, not for long..

some replace the plunger/idle screw and report improvements but their 45 bucks

my cr needs a pwk also but its not a priority

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never idled before top end got replaced. The carb is about a 37mm but that shouldnt change the idle problem.

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
Does it idle if you crack the throttle open a bit? If it does; you need a new cable or you need to adjust the slide stop at the cable adjustment end. Also;make sure the needle clip and needle seat are not loose, should be snug fit.

Carlos

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took Carb. apart and swapped out the old 42 pilot for a 48 and it idles perfect after is heated up. Thanks For Everyones Help. Finaly got my quad running how i wanted it to. Thanks Everyone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts