Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i thought my quad was running perfect. But i was wrong. Took it to the coast and the top of head, there is a adapter were a coolent hose connects, i was riding it and i was torking it in 3rd, and the thing blew right off and coolant went everywhere. I have a bog soon as i try to hit the powerband in 4th. And it overheats really bad, Anyone Know Wat i can do to fix any of these problems?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Oem head or aftermarket head? Years ago that elbow on my Oem head came out, I put some steel epoxy on it and hit it back in with a rubber mallet.

·
Banned
3,183 Posts
Yes, they are pressed in at the factory. Welding back on is a permanent fix. Might just put on another head (easiest)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its a cr250 head. Just got topend fixed. Im going to try to hit it down with a rubber mallet and mabie turn the mig welder down as low as possible and weld around it haha. But any clue on the other problems? Please?

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you're over heating that could be why it blew off to begin with. I'd check the water pump, maybe it's not circulating. What's in the coolant system as far as coolant?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Autozone 50/50 antifreeze and coolant. lol. Ya the head was almost hotter than the pipe was. It has a massive heating problem. The raidiator is kinda shot, but not that bad to be torching the motor.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Get that fixed before you destroy the new top-end you put in.

·
Registered
317 Posts

Tison you have got to ditch that PJ carb. A good 38mm Pwk and your set. They are easy to jet and tune.

Years ago I had a bored PJ on a 310 and never could get it to run right. They don't take well to boring. I put on a Pwk and it was night and day difference.

A little JB weld on the water flange before you tap it back in will seal it and keep it there for good.

You must have ran into troubles after I saw you out there.

·
Banned
3,183 Posts
Its a cr250 head......any clue on the other problems? Please?
Got the head gasket in right? Plugged radiator or rebuild water pump?

·
Registered
13,273 Posts
The set-screw fix is a good one followed by your favorite epoxy. Clean well, roughen both surfaces before the epoxy goes in place if you do not have a set-screw in place. Or like Tony suggested; get a new/used head or get the old one welded...

Carlos

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have oem head welded water inlet shaved for 50/50 gas pm if you want it 50.00 shiped

1 - 13 of 13 Posts