Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering grinding my steering stops to tighten the turning radius. This is not to make the bike "turn sharper" while riding but to make it more maneuverable in very tight situations such as stopping and turning around on the 50" wide trails we have here in Ohio (often while rolling backwards using an off-camber to help) or moving it while unloading or in the garage. It seems like the utility quads have no trouble doing these things while I am forced to attempt a donut. Sometimes you just can't do that. I have a '90s Dirt Wheels or 3&4 Action sitting around that explains that Gary Denton's MX bike had this modification performed before he switched to an aftermarket frame, so it's not completely unheard of.

Have you done this? How much did you take off? I have an '86 so it's more pronounced than it would be on the '88-'89 Denton was running.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see what you mean. For sure Denton had aftermarket A-arms and possibly different spindles. I'm sure I'll find the magazine eventually; I read it about a month ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts