Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got the pro x 310 on and got rid of the pj38 for a 38 pwk. Running a 48 pilot and 172 main it runs good but now the clutch slipps pretty bad and I'm leaking milky gear oil from the water pump weap hole? Could this be related to the clutch slip? I just rebuilt water pump when I did the 310 and its an esr case? No cracks maybe I jacked up the seal? It was all honda parts. Whats the best clutch setup? I have all old oem with newer Hinson plates now

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would say you need to look at your seals in the water pump. As far as clutches go, I suggest buying the tusk clutch kit, CR500 springs, 1 400EX steel, and drain plug washers under the springs. Search for the Neil clutch mod and you will understand. Neil was a super sharp guy that was a benefit to our community. He came up with this mod as a cheap alternative to more expensive clutch options. This clutch set up has been in my Hybrid Engineering 310 since 2014. Zero slippage!!!
Loren

·
Registered
318 Posts
I got a cheap tusk clutch kit while I wait for my esr clutch and 89 update to come in. It fixed my clutch slipping problem I had previously. It's not a bad kit

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
well got the pro x 310 on and got rid of the pj38 for a 38 pwk. Running a 48 pilot and 172 main it runs good but now the clutch slipps pretty bad and I'm leaking milky gear oil from the water pump weap hole? Could this be related to the clutch slip? I just rebuilt water pump when I did the 310 and its an esr case? No cracks maybe I jacked up the seal? It was all honda parts. Whats the best clutch setup? I have all old oem with newer Hinson plates now
Some of the earlier aftermarket covers had alignment issues at the CB & WP area; that could be your issue or your MS or OS was not properly inserted.

The Neil Clutch upgrade is the Old Honda Team Clutch upgrade from 85-86...Honda Team would insert Drain Washers under the springs, and had custom Thicker Steel or Aluminum Clutch Plates they would run, sometimes just the Washers and at other times either one or two thicket Plates or both combinations of Washers & Plates.

Carlos

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I've ran the esr cover for all of last year and had no issues? I got a billet water pump shaft to try and all new Honda water pump seals.

·
Registered
315 Posts
oh. heard bad things bout b-shaft-inpeler. dont now 4 sure.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Keep away fro the Billet WP Shaft & Impeller, nothing but trouble will all those made aftermarket units. That's what happens when those that think they know (and they don't), try to manufacture an item to replace an OEM one.

Stick only to OEM shafts & Impellers until suitable replacements are available.

Carlos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts