Honda TRX250R Forums banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

Super Moderator
I would love to know the engineering/design behind the shapes and contours of the pipes based on the porting and usage (mx, hill shooting, trail riding, drag racing etc...

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
I would love to know the engineering/design behind the shapes and contours of the pipes based on the porting and usage (mx, hill shooting, trail riding, drag racing etc...
A lot I'd imagine, way about my pay grade馃 lol.
I'm sure I won't be disappointed in the results, but the suspense is killing me right now !
In the meantime...Few parts I just got in, nothing big but definitely needed. Just wanted on a sick pipe from BDT and a O-ring

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
So I decided to do a leak down test to occupy myself as I wait for a update on my pipe. I have everything off and don't want to reassemble until my parts come in.a I have a 1-5 psi gauge, in 0.1 psi increments. I blocked everything off and hooked up my home-brew tester. I pumped it up to 5 Psi and had and it held strong for the few minutes that I stared at it. I walked away for 5 minutes and - 0.4 loss at 5 min, and a -0.8 loss at 10 minutes.
I hunted around with leak detector (AKA soapy water) and couldn't find anything.. even tested my testing equipment..lol.
I'm not sure on the age of the gaskets and seals, but I'm going to replace everything this winter anyway. Unless someone with more knowledge than me suggests I find and fix that leak immediately. If it was a new build I wouldn't settle for any leaks, but giving the unknown age of the engine I really don't think it's that bad of a loss, or is it.. hahaaaa, that's the neverending question/debate.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Few pics of my Ct mid-range pipe that will soon be replaced by a BDT Wurks pipe and silencer.
Pipe is in great shape, needs a little tlc. Also have a FmF PC to go with it, also in great condition.

Attachments

Registered
I鈥檓 getting really jealous! My 330 needs more pipe. I love the raw pipes. Carlos I need one to kick banshee ass. Some big whale top end pipe, and possibly a 41mm shorty carb. Need them goodies. Also fullbore plastic be here Monday!! Can鈥檛 wait.
have a good weekend everyone 馃嵒

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
I鈥檓 getting really jealous! My 330 needs more pipe. I love the raw pipes. Carlos I need one to kick banshee ass. Some big whale top end pipe, and possibly a 41mm shorty carb. Need them goodies. Also fullbore plastic be here Monday!! Can鈥檛 wait.
have a good weekend everyone 馃嵒
Yeah, I'm pumped to get my pipe in. Should be here sometime this week, and a few other goodies.

Registered
Hi everyone
I鈥檓 looking for a stock OEM Honda ATC 250 R exhaust baffle insert, the piece goes in the tip held by two small screws,, anybody know where I can find one please,please text or call me at 210-367-7278. Much appreciated
Thanks
Gino

Registered
Discussion Starter #35
Hi everyone
I鈥檓 looking for a stock OEM Honda ATC 250 R exhaust baffle insert, the piece goes in the tip held by two small screws,, anybody know where I can find one please,please text or call me at 210-367-7278. Much appreciated
Thanks
Gino
Sry Gino, no baffles on my end. Try posting or searching in the for sale section. Could always get a can with a sparky inside already, or make one.

Registered
Discussion Starter #39
Got my pipe and some parts this evening.
I must say, I'm extremely impressed by the looks of the system. Kindly have to see it in person to really appreciate the workmanship that went into the build. I probably won't install it until Sunday, (the wife wants to take a local trip... I can't say no at this point 馃槀,).
Anyway, here is some pics next to me Ct mid-range.
I plan on comparing the 2 systems after a good tune, and possibly some Dyno time with the 2. Who knows... I don't know If we'll have enough time,... LMFAO...

Attachments

21 - 40 of 74 Posts