Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first 250R just picked it up this past weekend. I'm a 2 wheel guy generally, but wanted to add an iconic 250R to my full honda 2 wheel collection.

It appears that the 250 I bought might be 2 wide in the rear for trails? It sits awfully low. Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need to do to build a woods machine. The tires seem pretty small they are titan fast tracker 18-11-8.

Also the wheels look to have a big negative offset. Can I get a wheel with a more positive offset to bring the rear in some? I haven't taken it to the trails yet, I really dont want to drive 2.5 hours to find out it's to wide to fit anywhere. 20200112_132717_1578871198645.jpg 20200112_132717_1578871198645.jpg

Should the front be wider then the rear ?

Also I have flex bars. Do they make bark busters that will fit with flex bars ?

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome,nice machine.Yes they make hand guards for flex bars ,just go on eBay and look up flex bars and they will pop up.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice looking R. It looks like you could have an LSR extended axle & I can see the spacers are behind the wheel hub. Remove both hubs & remove the spacers. Install the hubs on the axle first than put the spacers on the wheel side of the hub & that should bring the rear in a couple inches at least. The front should be at least as wide as the rear but if you can set it up to be slightly wider you'll be able to throw it into corners harder without the front end diving. As for trail tires I don't have any good recommendations but if you get 22" tall tires for the front & rear you'll have some decent ground clearance. Those 18" rear tires you have are mainly for MX.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I personally use Maxxis Razr2 tires 20" tall. If you have deep ruts on your trails consider a 22" like scrappy mentioned. Definitely get yourself a good skid plate for the swingarm.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Awesome thanks guys! Like I said I am a 2 wheel guy but I am really falling in love with this R

I was wondering if putting factory plastic back on will help keep some mud/water splash down to a minimum? I'm not trying to be a wuss but this thing is like riding a jet ski if there is any water on the ground and within 30 seconds I am soaked! Whomever owned it before me heavily cut the fenders.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You might want to look at rotor, sprocket and swing arm protector. All those rear components can take a beating in the trails. Breaking an chain will definitely ruin a ride day

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
This is my first 250R just picked it up this past weekend. I'm a 2 wheel guy generally, but wanted to add an iconic 250R to my full honda 2 wheel collection.

It appears that the 250 I bought might be 2 wide in the rear for trails? It sits awfully low. Can someone point me in the right direction for what I need to do to build a woods machine. The tires seem pretty small they are titan fast tracker 18-11-8.

Also the wheels look to have a big negative offset. Can I get a wheel with a more positive offset to bring the rear in some? I haven't taken it to the trails yet, I really dont want to drive 2.5 hours to find out it's to wide to fit anywhere. View attachment 61833 View attachment 61833

Should the front be wider then the rear ?

Also I have flex bars. Do they make bark busters that will fit with flex bars ?
Looks like you have an extended axle...take the spacers off and reverse to narrow width for WOODS. Go at least 20", prefer 22" for Trails/WOODS, if running large Front Sprocket & Small Rear Sprocket Like 14T/15T x 33-36T, gear down Front & gear up Rear to compensate for the increased tire diameter at 20"-22".

Carlos

1 - 9 of 9 Posts