Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
I run rotella T4 15w40 in my R transmission. It's excellent oil and is cheaper than Honda gear oil

·
Registered
286 Posts
honda

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
i run honda hp . but LED recomends using Dumonde tech gear oil in my engine witch will just have a little bore on it and hinson clutch. the only problem with the dumonde tech is a little pricey. $17 for one quart. and if you have done anything internally aftermarket do not use atf you might fry your engine faster than a bug fries on a bug zapper.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
i run honda hp . but LED recomends using Dumonde tech gear oil in my engine witch will just have a little bore on it and hinson clutch. the only problem with the dumonde tech is a little pricey. $17 for one quart. and if you have done anything internally aftermarket do not use atf you might fry your engine faster than a bug fries on a bug zapper.
i run atf type f in my 391r without and issue.not sure what you are talking about.

·
Registered
12,780 Posts

Nothing wrong with using ATF even on fully worked on 250R's...!

With that said, my personal preference is Hands down Honda HP....IMO & obviously Honda's; best Gear Oil for your 250R.

Carlos

·
Registered
286 Posts
ran crap oil. motor oil. ran atf. ran oem plates. barnet. ebc. kevlar. no problems with all oils -n plates. now run honda hp -n- oem plates.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’ve been using Maxima MTL fluid 75w. It was recommend to me by someone. I can’t really tell one from the other. Any reason to not use this product?

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
I’ve been using Maxima MTL fluid 75w. It was recommend to me by someone. I can’t really tell one from the other. Any reason to not use this product?
Nothing wrong with Maxima products; my choice for Standard climates is Maxima Castor 927...

Carlos

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just so I am not confused Maxima Castor 927 is a premix oil right? I though we were discussing gear oil.

Not to side track the OP question but if we are talking pre mix I run Klotz R50. Any issues with that for premix?

·
Registered
53 Posts
i run blenzoil super racing castor in mine it is kinda spendy but it works good. and i use hp oil in mine but nothing wrong with what you use. but i did have problems with my clutch and it wouldn't let the rear wheels to roll when it was in gear and had the clutch in. but i was still able to put it in gear and ride it with that problem. and sometimes the problem would go away when i was rolling down a hill but it would never really go away making me think it was the oil i was using but i hopefully wont have a problem with it because im getting a hinson clutch setup.

·
Registered
12,780 Posts
Just so I am not confused Maxima Castor 927 is a premix oil right? I though we were discussing gear oil.

Not to side track the OP question but if we are talking pre mix I run Klotz R50. Any issues with that for premix?
Yes, the OP asked about Gear Oil, Honda HP Red, Maxima HTL all Good IMO; I could have been more clear.

Klotz R50 is a good Pre-mix product, aka Klotz Techniplate...!

Carlos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts