Honda TRX250R Forums banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I know you probably don't like to reveal your sources but where did you find that e-brake block off? Its a great piece. I can't wait to see this quad all together.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I know you probably don't like to reveal your sources but where did you find that e-brake block off? Its a great piece. I can't wait to see this quad all together.
I actually found it on ebay around 3 years ago. You would think JP racing made a bunch of these block offs, however the one I have is the only one I've ever found for sale.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Absolute beauty. One day I would love to build a Denton first gen LT250R.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I have a set of Gary Denton +2 A-arms im wanting to sell. They need some new heims and bushings. Any interest?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
IMG_1783 (2).JPG
I have a set of Gary Denton +2 A-arms im wanting to sell. They need some new heims and bushings. Any interest?
Those A-arms wouldn't be correct for this build, Gary ran stock A-arms on the particular bike that I'm replicating. Thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
lt250r.jpg
Maybe one day, but finding old school aftermarket LT parts seems harder than these damn trikes I mess with.
Suzuki had this bike on display back in 2006 when they introduced the LTR450. I'm not sure if its a replica or one of Gary's actual race bikes? Regardless of what it is, I would love to own it!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think finding the Cal-Fab would be one of the hardest parts. I think I've seen one pop up in the last five years.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
View attachment 33579
Suzuki had this bike on display back in 2006 when they introduced the LTR450. I'm not sure if its a replica or one of Gary's actual race bikes? Regardless of what it is, I would love to own it!!
Did you notice the rear tires are the 10" Ohtsu 701's that everyone made such a fuss about back then and even started a petition over? Looks like Gary / Team Suzuki forgot to return a set after borrowing them, LOL.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Did you notice the rear tires are the 10" Ohtsu 701's that everyone made such a fuss about back then and even started a petition over? Looks like Gary / Team Suzuki forgot to return a set after borrowing them, LOL.
petition?

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
This was an insert from 3Wheeling Magazine in Jan 1987

As a result, Team Honda ended up bringing these tires to events and allowing people to borrow them but they had to return them at the end of the race. At least that's how the story goes. The tires in the above picture are the only tires Ohtsu ever had that other's were wanting as Hoosier had pretty much dominated everything until these started surfacing.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Very interesting. I had never heard of this before. I find cool facts like this to be fascinating. I love talking and hearing about old facts like this one. Thanks for sharing Scawn.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts