Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Fellow R Lovers,

A few years ago I decided I wanted to build a Denton replica race bike. After many years of searching for and hoarding parts, the time has come to get this thing started. My favorite Denton bike has always been his 250R from the 1990 MX National season, and from what I understand this was the year and bike that Wayne Hinson developed the now famous Hinson clutch basket in. A couple other things I love about this bike is that it was the last year he ran an OEM chassis, and it was the last year that Gary (or anyone else for that matter) ran a ChuckE National motor. It's my opinion that this particular TRX250R was the last great OEM based 2 stroke race bike. I hope you all get a kick out of my little tribute to the GREATEST ATV racer of all time Gary Denton and his brilliant Tuner/Mechanic/Fabricator/Engineer Wayne Hinson!

Thanks, Kelly IMG_1784.PNG

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi Kelly, Very nice start on your build , that frame looks mint and it's the best year IMO. I like the old school look and I look forward to see yours come together!

good luck,and keep the pics coming...
Justin

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
That build is looking quite gorgeous. Denton was definitely an amazing rider and certainly worthy of having a build replicated. It's just too bad that Denton closed up shop and has seemingly disappeared from it all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
This is a cool build. Those rad shrouds are my favorite and so darn simple. I wish somebody would start making them again.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Can't wait to see this one finished. There was no one on a MX 250R that had the effortless style that Gary Denton had. His Rs were always immaculate and not overly done also.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts