Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 250R
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got fresh fuel in and turned the petcock on, slowly, fuel came pouring out literally all the hoses on the carb. Turn it off, it stops.
Besides the float being stuck, what would cause it’s to flow through all the hoses?
Needle seat dirty? Bad float height?
Never seen it flow through all of them like that.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You can pull the carb and bowl, hook the carb up to the fuel tank. Turn on the fuel and actuate the float. See if it stops as it should, when it should. Probably best to use a long hose and have the carb sitting over a bucket. Would hate to see a bunch of gas all over that nice build of yours.

I have seen carbs where varnish builds up on the valve and seat, causing leaks. Enough build up will make the valve stick.

It is also possible there is a hole in the float. In this case it will fill with fuel and sink, keeping the valve open. Give it a lite shake to feel if there is any fluid in it. Also submersing it some warm/hot water and looking for bubbles is a easy way to check.

·
Registered
1986 250R
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. I kept the fuel off and ran it dry. I’ll pull the carb tomorrow.
I believe the little tube that sticks up from the bowl may have pinned/pushed the float up and it’s not allowing it to stop the fuel flow.
I had some trouble getting the bowl back on today.

·
Registered
1986 250R
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found the issue, somehow the valve fell out and so did the pin, leaving the float to just bob around and not work properly. Once I dropped the bowl down, the parts were just sitting in the bowl.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts