Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$3100: FREE radiator + exhaust w/ engine purchase!!

$650 DISCOUNT VS. MY LAST POST

Free radiator and exhaust, because I need you to buy my engine, and my engine(any big bore) needs these.
I'm literally throwing go-fast goodies at you now...what more do you want from me? Cause I swear to god, I'm not installing it for you too. Maybe I'll throw in CT's setup and tuning handbook to help ease your transition to MORE POWER, but I need to draw the line somewhere...

For those who saw my older listings, I've included a more accurate and detailed overview of the engine than before if you care to look before you move on.

eBay listing: 2004 Ct Racing 373cc Big Bore Powervalve Stroker Engine Honda TRX250R | eBay
(eBay=$3250)

I will not separate parts, except maybe for the radiator or exhaust. I am too busy/lazy to part out the engine. Its enough of an inconvenience to have to part out the rest of the quad. If you want to buy and part out this engine, and take what you want, be my guest.

Short Version:
2004 CT Racing 373cc Powervalve Stroker motor. Included with engine purchase are oversize radiator/hoses, CT big bore power valve exhaust system, and remanufactured 1989 Honda TRX250R Engine built by CT Racing.

Long Version:
Rebuilt by CT Racing with their "
CT/Pro-X 350cc Power Valve Complete Package," with a full CR250 ignition system. K&K Racing contracted CT to build this engine for use in the "250R" they used to display their products. The completed 250r Race-Ready quad was built from the ground up with $17995 worth of only the best new aftermarket MX parts available. The only stock part on the quad when I got it was the crank case, which of course was remanufactured by CT, and does not count as stock. K&K used to build and sell REAL ready-to-race quads back then, but have since fallen apart as a company.

Since owning it, It has received the addition of a +4mm Hot Rods Stroker crankshaft(same kit from CT's 370 engine package), as well as a bit of oversizing during routine top end rebuilds at my local Honda/Ducati/BMW dealer

6 Hours on engine since last rebuild from the test trip I went on after I spent the winter replacing the frame. Runs incredibly strong and reliable; with about 75hp(estimated from dynos of similar engines), it's PERFECT for destroying the dunes, or just about anything else.

These days, a similarly rebuilt 1989 PRO-X Big Bore Powervalve equipped engine, using an inferior Powervalve, with only 354cc costs $3500 at bdtmotorsports.com. That does not include: +4mm Crank Kit, big bore exhaust, oversize radiator, or CR ignition kit. Just adding the required exhaust and radiator, BDT will ask for a subtotal of $4700. At $3100, and with much more muchness, I would say I'm offering you the greatest deal in the history of 250R deals! BDT Link--> HONDA TRX250R ATC250R ENGINE 354R ProX POWER-VALVE
(Hey, no offense Carlos/BDT! Its the closest complete engine for sale I could find to what I have, keep doing what you do!)

Total cost of comparable parts to build an engine like this (w/o labor/wait time):
w/o existing engine: $7500+
w/ stock existing engine: $5300+
just buy mine: $3100

Let my enormous loss be your gain!

76mm Stroke x 79mm Bore=373cc with 1-2 oversizes on current sleeve; this engine is infinitely resleeveable/rebuildable so you never have to worry about it getting ruined or the cylinder wall getting to thin. You can also downsize the engine by having the sleeve replaced and/or reverting to the 72mm crank if that is where your tuning takes you. Anything is possible with an engine as flexible as this one!

Purchase Includes everything you need to run except carburetor(39-41mm PWK Recommended):

Prices below indicate current MSRP to replicate this setup,

• Remanufactured 1989 Honda TRX250R Engine: $2200
  • 2004 CT/Pro-X 350cc Rotax Powervalve Engine Kit: $2300(-Carb $)
  • CT Racing Power Valve Header and Silencer in Show Chrome(Some Small Dents) $495
  • 2001(best year) CR250R Ignition Kit: $500
  • V-Force Reed Valve System: $140
  • 87-89 4mm Hot Rods Stroker Kit(incl. wrist pin bearing)+ CT Racing Spacer Plate: $400
  • GS Aluminum Oversize Cross-Flow Radiator: $550
  • Hinson Bulletproof Clutch Basket: $235
  • New Hinson Clutch(6 hrs ride time): $170
  • Big Bore 79mm Racing Piston: $250
  • Pro-Design Kill Switch: $35
  • K&K Chrome Quick Change Clutch Cover Assembly: $400
  • CT Racing Polished Water Pump cover: $42
  • K&K Chrome Chain Slide
Total MSRP for Parts: $7600+
My asking price is way less half of that! Don't miss picking up this incredible deal for your R build, winter project season is just around the corner!

Contact 5093857788 or [email protected]

2012-03-26_12-51-23_368.jpg IMG_4175.JPG IMG_4178_zps87a0307f.jpg IMG_4184_zpscbe76ad5.jpg IMG_4183.JPG

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More info about CT Racing's Products and services, along with all kinds of awesome technical/tuning info can be found at their website.

Here is the link to their 250r Page
TRX250R Parts and Accessories

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
If you want to read a little about a quad with the same set up,(-powervalve) go here: http://www.sandsports.net/content.php?contentID=29

Now imagine that with a POWER VALVE! Power valves make everything better.

Seriously, you're not going to be able to find, much less build, another engine like this, and definitely not for this price. CT doesn't even offer this combo of upgrades as a package(though they do/did sell it if you have the money) because it would be too damn expensive and no one would buy it. Ive never even heard of another R engine with everything thats been put into this one.

However, times are different now, and no matter how much I love it, I needed it gone last year. So if someone isn't going to buy it for this price, I guess I'm just going to have to take it out behind the shed, put a bullet in its head, and turn it into a table! If I sold it for less, I'd have to go down to the police station and charge the buyer with extortion and theft. And that always ends in poor seller feedback. No one wants poor feedback, don't do that to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
. And am i ready this right, it took 17k to build this motor lol? also putting a rotax powervalve on a prox cylinder isnt out of this world expensive
Oh god no! 17k for entire quad. Ill edit and clarify that bit.

Idk how much it costs to add a Rotax to a Pro X, but I know you can't get a better deal(steal) than this.

·
Registered
369 Posts
So 2200 for a bottom end? Cost me 2450 shipped there and back, to get my 370 done that came with that 250 dollar piston and 140 dollar v force reed cage pipe etc. Not trying to be rude but your numbers don't match up. Good luck on your sale is a very nice motor and I'm sure it rips.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So 2200 for a bottom end? Cost me 2450 shipped there and back, to get my 370 done that came with that 250 dollar piston and 140 dollar v force reed cage pipe etc. Not trying to be rude but your numbers don't match up. Good luck on your sale is a very nice motor and I'm sure it rips.
My numbers are the sums of the cost to recreate this setup based on the cost of: a good engine online to send to CT as a core + the engine package from CT (came with mx pipe) + CT PV pipes I order after i got it + all the parts that K&K added to it once they received it + the work I had put into over my ownership of it.

It is however a ridiculous amount of money thats been put into it over the life of this engine. And thats why I don't want some scumbag from eBay getting ahold of it. Needs to go to a good home, and I think I'm asking for a very fair price for what is included.

And thanks, it sure does rip! Hope it brings as much excitement to its next owner as it did for me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aluminum frame: Sold

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just seems weird that you call it a 373 in the for sale add but in your signature on the bottom of all your posts you call it a 383?
Got some numbers mixed up. Forgot to revise that.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I just seen your eBay listing for your motor. I understand that you spent alot of money on this motor when you bought it and that you are trying to get the most out of it as possible but this sport is a labor of love and its going to be hard to get that price for your motor being that it is used with more than a few hours on it and looks used and not mint. And im not sure why you feel the need to talk bad about BDT and their prices but BDT has very competitive pricing on their products and engine builds. Compare apples to apples and oranges and oranges with any other top 250r engine builder out there and you will see that BDT isn't expensive especially since their builds are top top notch. Not sure if you have bad blood with BDT or just not educated on what your talking about but you should get your facts and numbers straight before you trash talk someone especially a company that does so much for the 250r community like BDT. And by the way is your motor a 373 or 383??? Do u even know what u have? Maybe u should correct one of the two so that you at least sound like you know what your talking about. Good luck on selling!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just seen your eBay listing for your motor. I understand that you spent alot of money on this motor when you bought it and that you are trying to get the most out of it as possible but this sport is a labor of love and its going to be hard to get that price for your motor being that it is used with more than a few hours on it and looks used and not mint. And im not sure why you feel the need to talk bad about BDT and their prices but BDT has very competitive pricing on their products and engine builds. Compare apples to apples and oranges and oranges with any other top 250r engine builder out there and you will see that BDT isn't expensive especially since their builds are top top notch. Not sure if you have bad blood with BDT or just not educated on what your talking about but you should get your facts and numbers straight before you trash talk someone especially a company that does so much for the 250r community like BDT. And by the way is your motor a 373 or 383??? Do u even know what u have? Maybe u should correct one of the two so that you at least sound like you know what your talking about. Good luck on selling!
Either there were some negative posts that have been deleted or you are wrong about your assessment. I don't see any derogatory implications towards Carlos or BDT. He actually states to Carlos that the BDT is the closest engine package that he could find. If you are referring to the "scumbag from ebay" comment, I believe you miss understood what he meant. He was talking about an ebay purchaser that is not involved in the 250r community like the rest of us on here. He wasn't talking about Carlos. I have had my issues with Carlos in past forum wars but I agree that he definitely has a passion for the R.

So either not everything is showing on here anymore or you grossly misread the posts on this. Or I can't read and don't know what I'm talking about..... I know its one of those !!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I just read back over his listing again on eBay motors and then on this thread and i see what your saying maniak. And yes the wording is a little different in the area of the listing that I'm talking about. So If you check out the description on the ebay listing for this motor 4th paragraph about half way down 4th paragraph you'll see the section where he talks about price of a similar pro-x motor from BDT is $3500. Then goes on to say BDT doesn't include a Cr ignition, bb pipe, or oversize radiator in that price even though all are required for a bb setup. And then says "I don't have a clue why they don't include bb pipe, cr ignition, and oversize rad." Here is link: http://m.ebay.com/itm/251663785608?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true. I guess I felt he was being a little harsh on BDT. But I'm not perfect by any means nor always right so maybe I was being too harsh on brandon. Lately all of the BDT haters out there have been getting on my last nerve and i probably was just jumping to conclusions with my comments. His comment could of been taken in a not so hater way now that ive read it several more times.Yes having a cr ignition is a huge upgrade for this setup but not absolutely needed just to play devils advocate for a quick second though. And when is last time you have seen a brand new bb motor come from any builder with an oversize radiator, bb pipe & silencer. Especially for $3500. Nevertheless, I apologize if I jumped the gun on saying what I said. Brandon probably didn't have any bad intentions towards BDT with his words and I wish him the best on his sale. He has a fantastic motor package and should sell quick. I hope someone will see the great value of his asking price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts