Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this front bumper in my travels. Looks a lot like a Timmy Boy but I have only seen them in steel. This one is aluminum and has a new home on the front of my sand queen!
DSCN7776.JPG DSCN7772.JPG DSCN7773.JPG DSCN7774.JPG DSCN7775.JPG

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anybody have an info on this bumper? Pretty sure it's gonna take the place of my Duncan....

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks almost identical to other Timmy boys I've seen, but again, this ones aluminum. I saw a EEE that looked similar but had an integrated skid plate. Either way, I haven't seen one like it, so she's got a new home.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dale, how was Maui? I saw you stayed at the Sheraton black rock. I'm jealous my friend. My family lived out there for about 15 years...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like it. That thing sticks waaaaaay out there. It's gonna blow the back window out of your truck. How 'bout some pics from farther away and a side view. I like the mounts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So, I think I've finally determined what it is. I believe it's a dean sundahl Trx bumper. I have seen almost identical on his xtravel banshees...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Definitely not PRM, but I think you are right being a Sundahl. If I remember correct back in early 90's Sundahl rode and was sponsored by Yamaha. Well if you have any old 89-91 dirt wheels and look up ads for Toomey you can see That bumper you have. I know there's a difference between Yamaha and Honda but that bumper was designed by Dean.
I do like that bumper I liked it so much I bought one brand new from Toomey when I bought my Banshee.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Honestly, I like it even more now! A rare piece of history. And I've yet to see any R's out there with it. ��

·
Registered
1 Posts
Came across this front bumper in my travels. Looks a lot like a Timmy Boy but I have only seen them in steel. This one is aluminum and has a new home on the front of my sand queen!
View attachment 26993 View attachment 26994 View attachment 26995 View attachment 26996 View attachment 26997
Hi hi that bumper is a Dean Sundahl
Hes built a lot of them for guys racing district 37 and 38 and well as Baja over the years .. photo of my long travel banshee he built with one.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts