Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I installed the ball joints into the Laeger arms, I had some washers in the bag. I can’t find anything listed for instruction. But where would they go? The ball joints have nylock nuts, but not sure where the flat washer and lock washer would go on?
Shoe Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hmm. Only two places they can go, if they’re even needed - the ball joint or the bolt through the arm. I’m sure those Frap ball joints have all kinds of other applications where those washers may be used. The way you have it looks like it should be fine🤷🏼‍♂️

My JD Performance came with Frap ball joints, too. I haven’t opened them up yet, but I’ll check tomorrow to see how they’re setup.

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm. Only two places they can go, if they’re even needed - the ball joint or the bolt through the arm. I’m sure those Frap ball joints have all kinds of other applications where those washers may be used. The way you have it looks like it should be fine🤷🏼‍♂️

My JD Performance came with Frap ball joints, too. I haven’t opened them up yet, but I’ll check tomorrow to see how they’re setup.
I can’t see needing them with the nylock nut on the joints themselves, I assumed like you they were just extra for different applications.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Not sure about the flat washer but I would think at least the lock washer goes between the bolt & that beveled collar. The balljoints on my old Laeger's have male threads & there held in place with a nylock so it seem's there should be some way to lock the bolt holding the balljoint in place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts