Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished stripping PC from an 03 Arens frame. Took a lot of time and patience. Dropped it off to get new PC and clear coat yesterday. Getting ready to start tearing down the quad so I can swap in the Arens frame. Need to be finished shortly after the new year. I'll try to put up some pics soon.

There used to be a project section on the old forum. It's gone so I posted here.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked up the frame from the powdercoater today. Looks sweet. Too bad I'm putting a lot of old parts back on it. Original plastic.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I picked up the frame from the powdercoater today. Looks sweet. Too bad I'm putting a lot of old parts back on it. Original plastic.

Pic's :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the frame just before we got it. Not my Bike in background. Can't find my camera. I'll post the others later.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Here is the frame just before we got it. Not my Bike in background. Can't find my camera. I'll post the others later.

Hmmm...That looks like my garage..LOL

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the quad before teardown. Frame has lots of repairs and cracks. Figured time for an upgrade.

Here is the front.

Here is the new frame with fresh powdercoat. Decided to stick with good ol' Honda red with a silver metallic clear coat over it. Helps keep the PC from getting dull from sandblasting in the dunes and adds a little bling. Also coated the sub-frame and engine mounts the same color.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The frame looks awesome!!!
Thanks for hooking us up with it. I had bid on several Arens frames on ebay, but never was able to win. I removed the engine and everything from the rear end tonight. I'll start on the front end next week.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Thanks for hooking us up with it. I had bid on several Arens frames on ebay, but never was able to win. I removed the engine and everything from the rear end tonight. I'll start on the front end next week.

Your welcome!!

Can't wait to see more pic's...BTW what did it cost you for the powder..just woundering how much of a difference there is between here and there.

-Steve

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I scraped most of the old PC off before I took it to the powdercoater. He charged me $140 to do the rest, clear coat it, and weld up some cracks on the headstay. The guy is sort of a friend so he gave me a bit of a break. He bascially did the clear coat for free. There are others here that are cheaper, but I knew this guy would do a good job.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The arms are laeger +2. They look narrow because my Dad is a big guy so the shocks sit real high when at rest.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm getting close to the end. I've been held up by a bad axle bearing and sprocket hub. I've got all the parts I need now. Ran into another problem today. My ESR pipe does not fit the Arens frame worth a darn. Anyone ever mounted a similar pipe on an Arens? Any helpful hints or tricks?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts