Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. First I would like to say I greatly appreciate the concept and people who make this forum possible. I've came here many times to get answers or check out peoples project quads for idea's or just inspiration.. I used my tax money this year to get a trx 250r its a 86' and I paid 1300$ when I bought it.. I've always wanted a R and ever since I was on a 80cc riding back in the late 80's early 90's my fathers friend had a 250r and i've drooled and sworn to own one myself ever since!# lol.. so now I finally got one and the previous owner was a shame to all 250r's in general. Thank god I gave it a once over because everything was loose, he didnt mention a few issues when selling it. So after doing the initial fix up I decided to do things right and tear it completely down and piece by piece fix, polish, paint, clean and get it back together looking the way I want it to and to have the pride in it that it deserves..

It had a ATC motor on it I know by the engine serial# and I first noticed inside the sleeve, but needless to say shortly after riding it when I first bought it.. it was leaking coolant into the bottom end and seemed to be running way to lean which I only learned after maybe 5 hours of riding it and then she blew up. Most of the things I need are not engine related. I can give a list, but first want to see if anyone is interested in offering any spare parts. I would of course pay shipping and i'm pretty broke and hate to ask but I see guys on this forum offering things all the time so maybe helping each other out is the way it goes around here! :)

Anywho without further blabbing.. I will attach a before and after picture of what the quad looks like so far.. If anyone is willing to help out just post and if I see indeed some help coming my way I will make a list of everything I need to get going..

Here is the before picture:

902116_10152764322720092_866692683_o.jpg

920690_10152764322700092_128896016_o.jpg

and although it may not look like it I have already done a lot of tender love and care with only 50$ spent so far which included paint, number plate and numbers and a couple wire wheels or clean up tools.

901269_10152824307785092_1680623087_o.jpg 935424_10152824306755092_889667745_n.jpg 944630_10152824309245092_1192765306_n.jpg

I think so far its looking pretty sweet and im totally stoked about it! :)

Anyways!! thanks guys.. I understand either way it goes.. I'll keep checking here to see if anyone replies to this thread.

-Kenny

·
Registered
285 Posts
It looks like you're doing a good job. It's always nice to see new people showing interest in 250's and rebuilding abused beauties. Where are you located and what are you looking for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like you're doing a good job. It's always nice to see new people showing interest in 250's and rebuilding abused beauties. Where are you located and what are you looking for?

Hey! wow quick response :) Yeah. I've always been into bikes and quads really just riding in general. Probably like everyone else who rides .. when I get to feeling down and out I can hop on any kind of ride and all of a sudden all those problems go away. I'm located in London, KY and I will try to get a list up by tomorrow (I'll have to think a bit on what I really need lol I should have wrote everything down as I went) .. but here are a few things just to give a idea.

Rear Brake Caliper (I have master cylinder) could use the hose that links the two also.
Swing Arm Pivot bolt
Tie rods and Tie rod ends.. the previous tie rods were bent pretty bad and the tie rod ends were dangerous condition.
Rear and Front tires.. both sets were bald. I would have to see what measurements on the rims.
Sprocket Hub (mine has play back and forth)
All Bearings including wheel and steering stem bearings
Steering Stem (mine is stripped and a nut will not go on/stay on) go figure like I said previous owner was a joker.
Coolant Hoses. (They were all dry rotted)
Motor Mounts.. I have the bottom mounts (triangles) but do not have the one for the cylinder/head stay nor the other mount
Grommets for the Seat.. I have rear ones near the grab bar but the front ones by the gas tank were missing
Skid plate would be awesome not trying to ask for to much just throwing it out there because a hole is starting from rub on the bottom of the frame.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure I missed a thing or two but for the most part that is the just of it. Probably sounds like a lot! lol it is... as you can see though and as you said I've made decent progress and I feel its looking pretty good just from some hands on tender love and care.

If anyone has any shiny/polished or dress up aftermarket parts that would be more than awesome, but I'm thankful for anything I get and even if I get nothing because it's no ones obligation to help at all and I understand that.

·
Banned
244 Posts
I may have a rear brake hose and some wheel bearings you can have for shipping cost ill check tomorrow and pm you back might have a few other parts also

1 - 10 of 10 Posts