Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I have ridden and owned more bikes than I care to admit. Started on an 83 ATC 70 in 1986 and it was an addiction from then on. Long story short, a good friend of my dad had a 1986 250R that he’s owned since 1992 and bought it from the original owner. I have countless memories chasing him around Dumont and Glamis and was even there when he broke his collarbone on it. I have always told him to let me know when he’s ready to get rid of it. He contacted me a few weeks ago and said it’s time. We agreed on a price and I’m now the proud new owner. The engine was rebuilt years ago too and bottom end and has 10 minutes of run time since. The kicker is that it hasn’t been moved out of the shed since 2007. It’ll take some work to get it ready, but I’m up for the challenge. No brake pressure in the front, throttle is stuck closed, tires are 30 years old and I’m sure more things will come up when it tear j to it. Looking forward to learning g the ways from all you long timers. This is the first trx250r I’ve owned. Had an 83 ATC 250r when I was a teenager.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
72 Posts
Beautiful machine, and a more than great starting point especially because you know the history. Keep it as original as possible starting with those front tires and plastics, you have something special there because you know where it’s come from and obviously it’s been taken care of if it’s come this far. Don’t sell any of it no matter what you take off to mod, that’s the best advice I can give.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Sterling - Just like F-Red, I love these stores too - bikes long coveted finally coming home. There's lots of support out there - advice and parts. Everyone has a different vision (Restore? Build? Customize?). I love that it's mostly stock... do what makes you excited to ride it - it's what they were meant for! But even if you goal is to put it under a light in your living room, the experts here (sadly I'm not really one of those) can help you. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much for the kind words. It really is a special purchase for me. I’ve never owned one as this is the only one I’ve ever really wanted. I plan on keeping it as close to stock as possible as my boys will be enjoying the ride as well. I’m going to take my time getting it running again and teach the boys the lost art of working in a garage that so many kids lack these days. My fondest memories as a young man was spending time in the garage with my older brother working on our bikes while dad was working to get them running right for the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts