Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to get a little out of my comfort zone and try an MX race since it seems that the local XC race promoter isn't catering to quads anymore. More on that some other time. Joined some buddies for the last TQRA race of the season and I must say I had a pretty good time. I'm not a jumper. That's why I prefer XC racing but it wasn't too bad. However, pretty sure my setup hurt me a bit. 21x7x10 fronts and 20x10x9 rears with about 8 1/2" race sag and 47" front stance. She does awesome in ruts and over rocks but not so much on flat-pack corners and jumps. Little stiff. lol I finished both motos, not well, but finished which was my goal. Ended up 8th out of 9 overall. 7th first moto and 8th 2nd. I attached the link to the video. The R hooked up real well off the start, wheelie well. Scared the crap out of the guy to my right. Luckily he is a friend of mine who I ended up playing around with on the last lap. From about 6 minutes on its more fun to watch. Officially he did edge me out at the end according to the officials but whatever, it was fun. Looks like it's time to start spending some money on an MX quad setup. :) Wife's gonna love this. lol

https://youtu.be/Iq6JAhfX0Yg

·
Registered
885 Posts
Nice video.. Went to track last week with son and forgot memory card for go pro on counter. Haven't been on track for awhile but ride every weekend. We couldn't believe how quick you kinda start getting tired. Then rest of week kinda sore. And thought we were good riders. I swapped bigger tires to small before went, definitely helps keep u planted. Was already wide arms/axle. Was last ride in my area too can't wait till next year hopefully get out little sooner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts