Honda TRX250R Forums banner

First 86 250R rebuild

9K views 70 replies 9 participants last post by  kellmx147 
I misunderstood what you were saying about a second hole on the rub block but I get it now. Not sure what purpose it serves but its not an extra mounting hole, maybe its to limit debris from collecting under the block... I used a Moose rub block & it fit slightly loose like yours so I just filed down the collared washer until it fit snug.

They is a hook on the frame for the 2nd hole
That must be on the later frames because the 86 frames don't have anything on them for the lower hole. Thanks for pointing that out, I like learning all the little differences between the years. There's alot more than people realize. I wonder what year they added the lower mount for the rub block?

I didn't mean run it in the Blackwater.lol... Try to avoid the mud & keep it detailed after every ride & it'll look like it does now for years to come.... I agree you knocked it out of the park with the color scheme. Just beautiful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.