Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my frame and swinger back from Pc, so I get to start piecing her back together.

As you can see I was a little bit excited to build her up and sorta went in reverse…to which my girlfriend reminds everyday lol.
Here’s what she looked like when I bought her last year and had it shipped in from Michigan to NJ
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire Vehicle

Then she got to this stage before I tore it down and had the paint done.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

Frame and swinger got back today now the fun can begin. All parts are here, just waiting for bolt kit to show.
Table Clothes hanger Linens Wood Art

Purple Pink Red Magenta Art

Got a skid to protect the fresh paint, think I’m going to get an aluminum skid for the swinger
Art Paint Font Visual arts Pattern

New +4 axle and LT Leager arms with Stage 3 Elka’s waiting in the wings
Sleeve Automotive design Gas Hood Engineering

Next up getting the pistons out of the rear caliper for that rebuild… see how it goes.
I didn’t have the hubs coated yet because I’m not sure with the color scheme. Not sure if I’m going to go red, blue or black yet

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tackling this bear now. Breaking down and cleaning. Not gonna repaint the rear master, just get the paint off and shine it up. Looks like fun with those pistons
Anyone know the size of that hose line for replacement?
Gas Gear Machine Auto part Household hardware

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After cleaning up the resi, it’s to brittle and bellowed out to use the red billet cap, so I’m ordering a new piece.
Looks like it will work.
Finger Gesture Thumb Cable Auto part

Font Gadget Eyewear Screenshot Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the delrin bushings in the swingarm and the new carrier.
As this new carrier doesn’t have a stopper bolt tab on it, I’m assuming the stopper bolt isn’t going to make contact with the zerk on the carrier?
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Wood

Train Motor vehicle Vehicle Gas Wheel

Hope to have the swingarm mounted in a bit.
In other news, I may be in need of a rear caliper as now the tip of the extractor I was using gas now broken off upon the slightest turning in the sheared bleeder lol. Never ends

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got rear shock in and forgot to drop the new stem bearing in the freezer so that’s for tomorrow.
Micky Kessler from KPS here in Jersey rebuilt and re valved the rear shock. Once I get bushing in, should have the axle done as well and then onto the front LT arms and shocks.

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trying to mount my Leager LT arms, there is no bottom shock mounting bolt or any bolt in Specbolt a arm kit that will fit these arms. As you can see the through bolt location in really long.
Besides the arms, tie rods, ball joints and caster blocks, there is no other hardware.
If anyone has these arms, and I believe JD’s arms have similar mounts, what size is the bolt?
May have to call Leagers to find out what they use.
Water Luggage and bags Road surface Bag Asphalt

Wood Material property Font Rim Triangle

Bicycle part Bumper Automotive exterior Tool Rim

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also got the new axle in, but there still seems to be a small gap between the rotor hub and the carrier. It sorta “pops” in the carrier, but I can’t seem to get it in any further, and I don’t think there is enough axle spline showing for the nut. Will that seat in more when I tighten the lock nut?
Gas Machine tool Machine Auto part Bumper

Automotive tire Tire Gas Auto part Cylinder

Automotive tire Light Gear Bicycle part Tire

·
Registered
1986 250R
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Managed to get the long travel arms and shocks mounted today. +3 +1 arms and stage 3’s. Get some time this week to do tie rods and stem back in with stabilizer. Still not sure the of the hub colors so leaving them off for now.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Wheel

Bicycle part Automotive tire Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

sorry for the sideways pics, phone seems to set them that way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts