Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have a place they know of that the trails are so extreme no one wants to ride their? say something like the rubicon trail ...though im interested in actual parks with overnight camping.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Chadwick Mo, slate rock hill climbs and tight switch backs on shear drop off cliffs on one side and rocky hills on the other. Alot of people hate it because its so ruff but its the only place we have to ride thats government land. Its a good place to get preped for xc racing lol. They have onsite day parking and paved lots with hookups for rv's and it you like to ruff it in a tent theres old fire roads you can camp at too.

·
Banned
760 Posts
Could be crazier I'm sure but this is up in rocky NH. Couple spots, at around 3 min and 5:45-6, it's tough to tell but the trail drops down quite a bit and considering my bike doesn't idle makes it a good time.

My cousin is recording and riding his 86. I'm in front of him.

GOPR0045 - YouTube

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love chadwick its my favorite place to ride I make dairy queen look easy! Ty the ranger has shut a lot of the hard trails down and are cracking down on spark arrestors. Colorado (rampart) has some stuff like chadwick

·
Registered
177 Posts
we take the trials bikes trails all the time they get pissy but its good practice . Dairy queen is easy for me too im pretty quick around the whole place because we ride it so damn much lol. I loved it when I had my ktm450xc that thing could climb anything i could throw at it any gear

·
Registered
177 Posts
Noticed you live in the midwest You live in MO? Ive been looking for more guys to ride with that have R's in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Windrock atv park in east tennessee is good,they have trail for rock crawlers too so its cool to stop and watch those guys. Trails are nice and wide and rated from eazy to hard. Nice camping or cabins

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yup were in kc (not the best place i've ever lived) fingers, chadwick,deepwater,st joe,little sahara and a place i shall remain anonymous (well call it site X) are all my stompping grounds. fingers (for those who know) is NOT what it used to be best part is the motocross track now, flags suck their cause they are always breaking off in the trees. chadwick is being over taken by city slicker ohh i fell off my bike mr ranger you should close that trail its too dangerous, and they do! arggh!!! and then they cobble stone the trails! what good is a off road bike if you cant go off road!? deepwater (since the north side has been shut down) has turned into a GIANT mud hole for all the dam& 4x4 guys that rut it up so bad they end up going too fingers to get away from the mess they made, plus its small (even after they opened back up a lil more on the south side)!!! st joe (raced their 2nd place open class 2 Bravo) rode their once too for the weekend, all i can say is dont waste your $$$ or time (flat,flat,flat!) LS in OK is fun dunes are not big and place is small, best in the midwest though. site X is untouched wilderness with the best trails (next to chadwick) hands down if you ever ride with us you'll know what im talking about. (pics in my album) sorry city slickers this ride area is off limits to ya!!lol if ya cant run with the big dogs, guess that makes you the camp bit&%

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'd like to ride at all of these locations. I'm in North Eastern PA, we have some of the toughest, rocky, hilly, washed out so on trails I've ever seen. It can be a challenge, especially on a spot quad, but it is fun and I do like a challenge!!
Not to mention the old coal hills all over our State. Some are extremely big and very challenging, others are little and fun for everyone!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts