Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a engine because my old cases got trashed last season. Was listed as a 330 PC got it home started taking it apart to replace bearings etc. To get it ready for my next race season, and this is a 370 pv with a 4mil crank. My question is you guys think I should get a bigger carb. Running a kehin 38 pwk with my old engine. I race xc. And alot of trail riding. Also I know how to jet just not sure if 38 is big enough for this engine.

·
Registered
347 Posts
38 is good. if u can toss the airbox.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,967 Posts
So I bought a engine because my old cases got trashed last season. Was listed as a 330 PC got it home started taking it apart to replace bearings etc. To get it ready for my next race season, and this is a 370 pv with a 4mil crank. My question is you guys think I should get a bigger carb. Running a kehin 38 pwk with my old engine. I race xc. And alot of trail riding. Also I know how to jet just not sure if 38 is big enough for this engine.
If keeping your air-box, even without a lid, or a screen in place; the 38MM is perfect, and will not "choke the top"...the OEM airbox & filter is very restrictive, and will "choke" flow enough to prevent any carburetor above 36MM working as efficiently as possible.

Use a 38MM or if looking for killer low end response, stick to a 36MM even on a 370CC 250R.

Carlos

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I run a 38mm on my 370 non stroker. It makes plenty of power for the woods, and honestly doesnt seem to mind it at WOT either. Im not saying it wouldnt make more peak hp with a 40.5, but thats not really what you want in an XC bike. I also want to add that im running a stock box with a uni filter and no lid. I do run a furnace air filter on top of the airbox.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts