Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ESR or LED pipe. Let me know what you have. Prefer regular side exit not Center.
thanks.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You need to let us know what you're planning on using the motor for before installing a pipe.....Woods ? Moto-Cross ? Or Drag Racing ? The Pipe & Porting have to MATCH. :D

Where abouts in the Great White North are you ?

:D

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
Looking for ESR or LED pipe. Let me know what you have. Prefer regular side exit not Center.
thanks.
On the BDT Dyno & Track; the choice between the two would be ESR. 99% of the time it out performs the other, it's an 'off the shelf' pipe, and for less $$$'s...

Carlos

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You need to let us know what you're planning on using the motor for before installing a pipe.....Woods ? Moto-Cross ? Or Drag Racing ? The Pipe & Porting have to MATCH. :D

Where abouts in the Great White North are you ?

:D
I have an ESR 310PV motor with trx9 porting, mostly riding woods and MX
Im actually from the Kitchener area in ontario, how about you? I see your from ontario as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the input guys! I was leaning towards ESR but shows not in stock on website, so contacted LED and never heard back so figured i would see if i could source out a nice used pipe.

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
call Arlen if he is doing your port work he will make you a pipe designed for that motor no guessing on how it will perform.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have an ESR 310PV motor with trx9 porting, mostly riding woods and MX
Im actually from the Kitchener area in ontario, how about you? I see your from ontario as well
So you should try and find an ESR trx5 or Esr TRX7 for woods ....and a TRX9 for MX.

I'm east of Toronto.....Bowmanville area.....You're close to 250Renvy ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you should try and find an ESR trx5 or Esr TRX7 for woods ....and a TRX9 for MX.

I'm east of Toronto.....Bowmanville area.....You're close to 250Renvy ;)
I am ideally looking for TRX9, but they seem very rare to find used, and they are out of stock on ESR website.
I know exactly where Bowmanville is, where about is 250renvy from??

·
Registered
99 Posts
Esr is somewhat down due to his machining issues from what I hear, I would assume new pipes will be awhile.
Used newer LED pipes and ESR are hard to come by. But considering esr may be down for awhile I would greatly consider LED. Every person I’ve seen with one has been a very happy camper(including me). Esr is okay for pipes too when he’s making them, but I can’t even get ahold of him to find out when my kicker and shift lever will get shipped 👎🏽

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Esr is somewhat down due to his machining issues from what I hear, I would assume new pipes will be awhile.
Used newer LED pipes and ESR are hard to come by. But considering esr may be down for awhile I would greatly consider LED. Every person I’ve seen with one has been a very happy camper(including me). Esr is okay for pipes too when he’s making them, but I can’t even get ahold of him to find out when my kicker and shift lever will get shipped 👎🏽
Thanks for the info, I may try to give LED a call next week to see what he can do...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nice to see another Ontarian on here. You can find the odd used LRD exhaust. Have heard good things about them as well. I recently picked up one to use with an LRD 265. But havent ran it yet.

·
Registered
12,761 Posts
As far as Old School Pipes go; they are 'Cool to Have', nice Collector Pieces, or good for nostalgia builds. Sparks made some awesome pipes back in the day, however IMO modern pipe designs better fit today's engine builds & racing, benefiting either OEM or Aftermarket cylinders best.

With patience you should be able to find good used modern day pipes.

Carlos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts