Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just checking out www.esr250.com again and I noticed that under FAQ, they have jetting recommendations updated to include our beloved R. They have several different carb models and different displacements for each carb. These our only guidelines, but a good reference. I figured I should share the info since a large portion of posts are related to jetting.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I was just checking out www.esr250.com again and I noticed that under FAQ, they have jetting recommendations updated to include our beloved R. They have several different carb models and different displacements for each carb. These our only guidelines, but a good reference. I figured I should share the info since a large portion of posts are related to jetting.
always wondered if one was out there that extensivly...thanx

·
Registered
42 Posts
There mains seem right but, a 60 pilot seems awfully big to me. My fully drag ported zilla only has a 55. My r runs a 52. Maybe its just the altitude.

·
Registered
137 Posts
For a 39 pwk on a 350, its says "needle DGH 4th clip". Anybody know if this is the 4th clip from the bottom? Or the 4th clip from the top?

·
Registered
495 Posts
There mains seem right but, a 60 pilot seems awfully big to me. My fully drag ported zilla only has a 55. My r runs a 52. Maybe its just the altitude.
my 36 mik on a 310 needed a couple sizes smaller on the main and the pilot was about right on for me, however i run the airbox, which could be the reason i needed to jet down on the main

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...the further down ESR's FAQ page you go, the bigger the engine displacement gets, and the bigger engines are all listed as #50 for the pilot jet. So it makes me wonder why the 250cc - 265cc would show a #60...can anyone clear this up? Neil? Why would a bigger engine run a smaller (leaner) pilot?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...the further down ESR's FAQ page you go, the bigger the engine displacement gets, and the bigger engines are all listed as #50 for the pilot jet. So it makes me wonder why the 250cc - 265cc would show a #60...can anyone clear this up? Neil? Why would a bigger engine run a smaller (leaner) pilot?
Anyone care to enlighten me? I'm putting a new top-end on my R tonight and would really like to know what people think of these jetting specs.

·
Premium Member
4,273 Posts
Having a set list for jetting is crazy, unless by chance your running right where that list is located.
Take for instance here in the east, about a 45 maybe a 50 at the most on a pilot & the engine probably wont idle at all & makes no difference if its a 265 or a 350.
Its all about atmosphere & elevations where ever you happen to be running the bike at & could be different from day to day.
Neil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts