Honda TRX250R Forums banner

81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
BDT Carlos hasn’t been on the site since April I know from talking to him they are extremely busy, perhaps building new ESR CEO motors;)

I am sure we will know results (good bad or indifferent) as soon as results are available!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Eddie was at the 2019 west coast R meet with his personal R that has his new CEO cylinder & it ripped pretty good.

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
Any updates? Anybody running this setup? Very little information in the web regarding this engine set up.
We have built 6-7 to date, ordering another one for a customer this week. Honestly, I can't say yet, if the CEO is equal, or better than a standard kit. I can say it shows potential, more testing after the Holiday's. The real determining factor for BDT is our customers response & impressions...

I will say Thank You to ESR for making these kits available to the 250R community, and working with BDT.

Carlos

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have built 6-7 to date, ordering another one for a customer this week. Honestly, I can't say yet, if the CEO is equal, or better than a standard kit. I can say it shows potential, more testing after the Holiday's. The real determining factor for BDT is our customers response & impressions...

I will say Thank You to ESR for making these kits available to the 250R community, and working with BDT.

Carlos
Of the 6-7 built to date were they installed as received or modified? If any of them were installed as received you can’t tell if they are better then as received standard ESR kit?
Thanks Carlos.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
carlos gets them as builder kits.i tested out the 363 and the 391.the 363 he ported how eddy wanted with sharp transfer ports.i mean razor sharp.i wasnt all that impressed.also the way it came even with .015 base gaskets squish was way too big..we then tested the 319.with a touch different porting but close to eddys.liked that one alot better same issue though.but not as bad with the squish.we liked the bottom mid but with the little testing we were able to do it's hard to say if or how much better it is compaired to the reg 391.dyno testing is comming with the stock port and different porting.lookking forward to do some more testing soon as the weather breaks here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks American Opel.
I currently run the standard 310 (non PV) with as received ESR porting. I am looking for more bottom end. I was hoping this set up would deliver some of the low end grudge I need for the small and tight turn track I ride in. I bag a lot more grease than the 450 I ride with to stay on the pipe.

·
Registered
4,113 Posts
just like any mod the rest of the parts need to go together.you cant run the larger ceo without having your engine case's bored to accept the larger piston and sleeve.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Me and my buddy will be removing our oem cylinders in favor of the 310 CEO I'll be sure to update this with the results.

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
Me and my buddy will be removing our oem cylinders in favor of the 310 CEO I'll be sure to update this with the results.
I will stay say if going with a 310CC, standard or CEO...a properly setup, ported, and matched OEM cylinder to pipe & Intake plus carb....will run or outrun any 310. Plus; the indisputable reliability the OEM cylinder offers vs all other aftermarket 310 options.

Only when considering =>330CC cylinder kits, like a 330, 350, or 363/370 does it make sense IMO to go with a standard or CEO BB Cylinder kit.

Carlos

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the CEO 363 for a few months now. Got the motor broke in a have only ran 1 race with it. I cant compare it to the non CEO kit because I have never had one of those. I will say this motor pulls hard from the bottom to the top. I had BHP, Bubba Ramsey, set it all up for me. This was his first CEO to do but he knows what he's doing. From what I hear the squish is off when you receive the cylinder from ESR. BHP fixed all of the issues and built me a bad ass motor. If you buy the kit I recommend you have someone like BHP that knows what they're doing set it up. I'm running the LED 350G pipe with 39mm PWK carb with the stock intake and box. This bikes set up for MX

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
On the CEO as well as any of the standard cylinders, it's typical for the squish to have to be modified or set by the builder, that is the nature of the case set/crankshaft stack up heights, not a novelty to just the CEO's.

As posted previously; BDT has built 6-7 CEO's to date, with a few more in the works for customers racing applications, far more than any other builder, yet I can not say with certainty they are superior to standard BB cylinder kits. On the BDT Dyno they appear to have a slightly broader curve, not any higher Torque or HP. According to ESR, this is to be expected, the difference should be felt by the rider.

Martin aka American Opel along with his son Cody are likely the only persons to tested CEO's vs Standard BB's; they tested BDT built 363CEO, the BDT built 393CEO vs the standard BDT363 BB & BDT391 BB...I think both feel the CEO shows good potential, however; more testing is needed.

Given more time, as customers purchase & run CEO's, and feedback is received, it will paint a clearer picture as to how they perform, till then, they look promising.

Carlos

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I've had the CEO 363 for a few months now. Got the motor broke in a have only ran 1 race with it. I cant compare it to the non CEO kit because I have never had one of those. I will say this motor pulls hard from the bottom to the top. I had BHP, Bubba Ramsey, set it all up for me. This was his first CEO to do but he knows what he's doing. From what I hear the squish is off when you receive the cylinder from ESR. BHP fixed all of the issues and built me a bad ass motor. If you buy the kit I recommend you have someone like BHP that knows what they're doing set it up. I'm running the LED 350G pipe with 39mm PWK carb with the stock intake and box. This bikes set up for MX
every one knows Bubba kicks ass in his motor builds.

81 - 96 of 96 Posts