Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 86 trx with a Esr 330 cylinder esr 5 pipe we bought it with an 38pwk on it but have since put a 40mm lectron on it had to adjust the metering rod and powerjet both a little bit because it ran flat on the top end . Did plug chops at half throttle and full nice chocalate ring on both but it just runs warmer than i like 225 to 235 .Anybody who has messed with a 330 kit got any ideas?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Try a colder plug and higher octane gas. I actually just parked my r 330 after 3 hours road riding and playing it’s like 50 out. I never saw above 175. Maybe you just need more airflow to cool the beast. I’ve heard the lectron and 250r don’t get along like they do on bikes. I run 38 air striker and it want to pull my arms off.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Riching it up a tad could help lower temps, could try a bigger radiator with different coolant. I wonder if you need a big bore pipe with the 330? I heard small bores pipes on the bigger motors it causes heat issues because of smaller stingers. I'm just throwing out ideas.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies it already has an oversize radiator and we ars going to richen it up and see if that helps we have an 85 atc 250r that we are are running a 36mm lectron on and it runs cool and pulls realy well all through bottom to top it has a ported clinder and milled head we also run 100 octane at 32 to 1 in both . I have heard they dont like small bore pipes too but want to try and make this combination work.

·
Registered
504 Posts
send 2 bdt. bdt opens up water ports. drop 20/25 degrees on mi motor.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts