Honda TRX250R Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah Action those do look nice and the price is fantastic. I can't stand price gouging! I ordered some from pumashine this morning.
Loren

·
Registered
332 Posts
Hey Darren yes hopefully he starts to make more stuff,he seems to sell out of stuff pretty quick.I bought the brake rezi,water pump cover ,exhaust mounts ,radiator mounts and throttle cover.Real nice stuff I’m checking out his firearm parts too.real nice guys there..

·
Registered
76 Posts
$75 a pop. 1 bracket. $150 for 2. ripoff.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to understand how you feel that this is a ripoff. Each clamp has SEVEN precision machined parts PER clamp. All of which take at least 2 operations, some that take 3. I lose my ass at this price but I sell them because NOBODY else makes them because they are not worth the effort. Why do you think every other manufacturer stopped producing them?

Gentlemen, I do this to support all of you. Not to get rich. If you truly feel this way, I will cease my support of this platform.

To the OP and those interested, yes I made an initial run of 50 clamps (350 total parts!). When/if these sell I'll reassess whether I make another run.

Thanks to those who support me, which allows me to support you.

Sonny

·
Registered
76 Posts
For those that have been asking, this is the clamp I made. It builds off of the Rampage product, but I increased the functionality by allowing for removable inserts on both sides of the clamp. You'll be able to choose from multiple supported configurations

Chassis inserts options:
  • .750" round tube
  • 1.00" round tube
  • OEM square tube
Shock insert options:
  • Works
  • Elka
  • PEP
  • Axis

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thanks for taking the time to respond.there was others looking for this as well sir.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
I'd like to understand how you feel that this is a ripoff. Each clamp has SEVEN precision machined parts PER clamp. All of which take at least 2 operations, some that take 3. I lose my ass at this price but I sell them because NOBODY else makes them because they are not worth the effort. Why do you think every other manufacturer stopped producing them?

Gentlemen, I do this to support all of you. Not to get rich. If you truly feel this way, I will cease my support of this platform.

To the OP and those interested, yes I made an initial run of 50 clamps (350 total parts!). When/if these sell I'll reassess whether I make another run.

Thanks to those who support me, which allows me to support you.

Sonny
IMO those a real nice clamps, Rampage did a good job designing them. As far as cost, welcome to my world, I constantly get attacked for manufacturing top quality products and selling them for a break even price, while trying to support the 250R community. Plus I fully understand what it takes (time, resources, $$$'s invested) to manufacture & sell a quality product, $75 for each is a good price, hope you keep making them.

PS: Don't think Mattus meant anything more than just being sarcastic to those that constantly attack. Hes a good guy, with good intentions.

Carlos

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sonny, I want to thank you for your support. Guys like you, Eddie, Pete, Pumashine, Bubba, and Arlen are really the guys that keep us going!

·
Registered
286 Posts
sure.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt431 puma
bdt561 saber
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I’m late to the party but there’s a really cool billet clamp for Elka rezzies made by......drum roll.....Elka. Most new elkas like you have are made to be rear mounted on the grab bar mounts. Elka makes a clamp for it. It’s pricey though and your hose may be too long. You could have Roll Design mod the hose and fittings next time it needs service. Here’s a pic of the man himself fitting one.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Sweet. Looks good.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts