Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Elka Legacy clickers don't make noise. Not front compression, not rear rebound or compression. Bought them brand new. The adjustments clearly do work as they should as far as suspension feel goes; it's just it's harder to count clicks when they don't click. How do you handle this? Paint marks on?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Did you contact them? If they are new they should work. The clicker is usually just a ball detent with a spring behind it. There is probably a small allen set screw that holds the knob. Take it off and investigate.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took the caps off and used a screwdriver in the slot on the clickers. Could barely feel it clicking through the screwdriver. So they do click, it's just the caps make the clicks almost inaudible and you can't feel them. On the rebound I used a different screwdriver than before and could feel the clicks this time. Guess I'm used to dirt bike shocks where the clicks are more distinct. Of course some of those don't click either, like the shocks from the new Suzuki RMZs. I thought maybe the Elkas were like those.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts