Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received my order from ESR today well half my order. crank, mains, pin bearing, and gasket kit not in the box. went back checked my email says all parts shipped under just the one tracking number. so I called them. It did not sound like Eddie could of been, don't speak with him that often. so I told him that I received part of my order and that the email I got said all shipped under one tracking number. he told me that a second box should arrive tomorrow. I said but there is only one tracking number. He said the system wont let him add the second. he was in a hurry to end the call and I never got a real answer. USPS only ships one box Per tracking number so I guess he was talking about adding the second tracking number. anyhow its hard to describe exactly how the call went and sounded. so I sent them a email asking if I could please have the tracking number for the remaining parts because the mail here is not so hot and I would like to know when it should arrive.

So I shall see how this plays out. O I almost forgot I asked him for advice on cleaning the port work up and he said don't touch it. I will see if I can add some pic's here for you all to see, never posted a picture here so hope to post some

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
DSC05245.JPG DSC05248.JPG DSC05250.JPG DSC05251.JPG so in the first picture you can see the port is not even straight in the rest you can see no radius on the ports. I have not checked the piston clearance yet. Carlos if your seeing this please chime in. In my opinion even the smallest of ports need it because the ring will have less wear at the opening and at some point the ring will enter the port and catch that the shard edge plus the sharp edge will scrape the oil of the ring. and right from ESR don't touch it. bolt on kit with port match 7. so I think I am ok by saying less then happy some might say I would be in my right to be very unhappy. Thought guys?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sorry you are not happy with Eddie. But seems like you have not gave him much of a chance to make it right with you. Before you flamed on him in public. Did you send him the pics of the ports. He is in the process of moving. So it is possible for it to get shipped and him not catch it. I hope you get it fixed. Would be nice to see you give Eddie the chance to do so.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Could you please show a pic of what is engraved on the bottom of the intake

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
View attachment 60487 View attachment 60489 View attachment 60491 View attachment 60493 so in the first picture you can see the port is not even straight in the rest you can see no radius on the ports. I have not checked the piston clearance yet. Carlos if your seeing this please chime in. In my opinion even the smallest of ports need it because the ring will have less wear at the opening and at some point the ring will enter the port and catch that the shard edge plus the sharp edge will scrape the oil of the ring. and right from ESR don't touch it. bolt on kit with port match 7. so I think I am ok by saying less then happy some might say I would be in my right to be very unhappy. Thought guys?
Reading your post I can see you gave him a chance when you called him and he cut you short for some reason that you don’t know! Eddie May have an excuse for being short and I understand his end, but personally he could of handled hurried call better!
Now back to parts ask yourself
Are you happy with parts?
Will Eddie make right if parts are defective?
How much longer are you willing to wait for parts be shipped correctly?
If you think no to 3 of those return parts “if you can” and possibly go thru a different vendor if available!
If your not happy with ESR now once all said and done will you be happy with ESR?
Im sure there is a good reason for you be cut short from call, continue to call or email to get answers for your questions!

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Received my order from ESR today well half my order. crank, mains, pin bearing, and gasket kit not in the box. went back checked my email says all parts shipped under just the one tracking number. so I called them. It did not sound like Eddie could of been, don't speak with him that often. so I told him that I received part of my order and that the email I got said all shipped under one tracking number. he told me that a second box should arrive tomorrow. I said but there is only one tracking number. He said the system wont let him add the second. he was in a hurry to end the call and I never got a real answer. USPS only ships one box Per tracking number so I guess he was talking about adding the second tracking number. anyhow its hard to describe exactly how the call went and sounded. so I sent them a email asking if I could please have the tracking number for the remaining parts because the mail here is not so hot and I would like to know when it should arrive.

So I shall see how this plays out. O I almost forgot I asked him for advice on cleaning the port work up and he said don't touch it. I will see if I can add some pic's here for you all to see, never posted a picture here so hope to post some
Sorry to hear, strange things happen, even to the "Best" of us. Very hard to answer the phone, ship, ect...as a "one man show"; no excuses, just difficult to accomplish IMO.

Sorry you are not happy with Eddie. But seems like you have not gave him much of a chance to make it right with you. Before you flamed on him in public. Did you send him the pics of the ports. He is in the process of moving. So it is possible for it to get shipped and him not catch it. I hope you get it fixed. Would be nice to see you give Eddie the chance to do so.
"He is in the process of moving".... has already moved; and in the new facility for at least a couple of weeks. Our shipments received from ESR show the move has occurred...

View attachment 60487 View attachment 60489 View attachment 60491 View attachment 60493 so in the first picture you can see the port is not even straight in the rest you can see no radius on the ports. I have not checked the piston clearance yet. Carlos if your seeing this please chime in. In my opinion even the smallest of ports need it because the ring will have less wear at the opening and at some point the ring will enter the port and catch that the shard edge plus the sharp edge will scrape the oil of the ring. and right from ESR don't touch it. bolt on kit with port match 7. so I think I am ok by saying less then happy some might say I would be in my right to be very unhappy. Thought guys?
No matter what I say; some will take it as an attack instead of positive & truthful analysis....!

Yes, without question ALL ports should have a minimal .25MM to .5MM chamfer top and bottom edges, and well as vertical edge breaks of .15MM to .25MM. Simply looking at the Honda Service manual will show the needed Chamfer(s), and the importance they pay in Ring Life and helping prevent seizures.

I would like to say the Chamfer(s) was missed, however; I see a lot of these cylinders and none have any sort of Chamfer(s) or edge breaks...possibly ESR's thinking is different from Honda or BDT, not questioning his thinking, or attacking ESR in anyway; just pointing out the obvious.

Carlos

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I did not flame him. did not say i was mad just less then happy. i spoke to eddie litte over a month ago had a nice talk, talked about his move and how his move took 10 years ect ect. we had a nice talk, at that time he had no kits other then a couple of his new CEO's. so I asked how long are we talking couple weeks he said yea give me a couple weeks. so this is the part were I assume, because he had no kits in in stock he was in a rush to get kits on the shelf mine looks like it was rushed. I don't think I was harsh in any thing I said would I buy again YOU BET you cant beat the price. I just wanted to share my exp. and had I not had exp. in building 2 strokes and many don't and just put this on my bike I am sure it would of lived a very short life.

sorry if this reads like crap I am in a rush got some flooding to deal with and need to be at airport

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Leaving for the airport but as soon as i can i will post pictures off all the parts and what i think of them all in all it will be a good reveiew. Eddie is and has been great dont want to give the wrong idea about him

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
DSC05260.JPG DSC05261.JPG In the first picture you can see the exhaust port is cut low, to low does not match up with the flange I will need to port the flange to match the jug. 2nd picture the dome you can see the spark plug threads look messed up however the plug screws in by hand without issue. 3rd picture the top of the dome, when I received the dome it was installed into the head dry so I am guessing that is what caused the small cut in the Oring. but I was surprised to see a coolant restrictor that I think is necessary. what I don't like abut the dome is that there is no numbers telling me the cc's just 330 and pum.

One of the things I dont like about the ESR kit (250r in general) to much unknow not enough interchangeability. best I can explain it is like this, lets say you are building a banshee then you simply buy this head, that jug(jugs), this piston, and that dome. in fact I can go to 421 cub and only need to buy pistons, jug and domes with the ESR kit you get a choice of 2 domes race or pump, that don't work for me. 90% of my riding is at 5000 ft ASL. one of the best things about interchangeable domes is
interchangeability. when you go to 5000 ft thats a big loss on compression you really need to go to a smaller dome. that is why my bikes run better then most out here, they are all built for the high altitude. overall it is a good looking peice

to be continued

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The rest of the parts look great. i did not order the second exhaust flange or the case bolts those were free and when I made my first order I only ordered the reed cage and the exhaust flange and he sent me 11 extra orings that's awesome

Over all for the price you can't beet it I would say 4 out of 5 stars. if the ports would of had the chamfer this would be a bolt on kit. If you want the most out of it they need work but keep in mind as stated this is "port match 7" not fully ported by Eddie.

Shipping was sent out 2 days after each of my 2 orders (orders placed late in day) so that was good
I do plan on contacting him on helping me with the dome size because 2 sizes fits all not going to work for me

I hope this post helps other in what to expect from ESR if you go through him directly.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Yah I'd send it back and order a complete kit from site sponsor BDT! Carlos will set yah up.
I could but i would like to make a few points.

cost is one i am on a tight buget, with all the parts needed for this build the only reason i went BB is beacuse of low cost on the ESR

Performance. I know a bit about 2 strokes do I know what Eddie, Carlos, or Arlin know? no way! but I know something they don't. how I want the R to run so if I assemble this I am starting with a clean slate then once I ride it I will know more then any measuring tool in my tool box can tell me. from that point I will know exactly what I need to change as far as port and port timing goes now I could take it off send to carlos and say this is how it runs this is what I need. 5000 ft in sand stuff need to be right the motor, sand, tire all need to do what I want it to do not what someone thinks they know what I want it to do.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Yah I'd send it back and order a complete kit from site sponsor BDT! Carlos will set yah up.
WHAT ? why would you send it back its all there. i'd contact LED Arlen will help you. never heard 1 complaint ever from his work and his quality. research both company's and read the facts. good luck with your build

·
Registered
318 Posts
WHAT ? why would you send it back its all there. i'd contact LED Arlen will help you. never heard 1 complaint ever from his work and his quality. research both company's and read the facts. good luck with your build
I was mad because my truck ticked me off when I wrote that, but It sounded like he'd have to dump more money into porting it to get it usable?

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Mercury65:

Absolutely research all companies before making a commitment to purchase from any builder or manufacture. Ask around, look at whose engines and products are being used, who supports 250R's & racers nation wide; who is Winning....then the choice becomes much clearer.

Keeping to your topic & concern; I would keep trying to make contact with ESR, email seems to be the best option, you have way to much time & money invested to date to drop the expenditure and head in a new direction...it would totally 'kill' your budget. If after a reasonable amount of time and effort you still have no response & resolution; then you are going to have to make decisions on how to proceed, and determine what it will cost you....hate to say it, however; that's the reality.

Best of Luck, hope it works out...

Carlos

1 - 18 of 18 Posts