Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Tires that are not too overhooked and allow you to also aggressively pitch around and turn are a blast in the dunes.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took bike too glamis this weekend this bike was fun too ride. Cousin loved it too bad that is junker bike so when friends family show up this is what they will ride!
Not my good stuff loaning out anymore!

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I necer had a problem with others riding my bikes. but the older I get the more I want to say aaaahhhhh no.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Go check my dyno test on youtube trx250r dyno its under vintage- 2 stroke this is a LED build with a 14/38 gearing go number
After riding bike this past weekend I couldn’t be more happier with this bike for what it is!
Was not looking for a fastest bike shootout up Oldsmobile hill or China wall, but was looking for something that could be used and enjoyed and not use my wallet for any parts I needed to buy.
But again I am so happy with turnout especially for most of all parts and pieces on this bike were free or just sitting in tubs or boxes in garage! For that matter this 86 TRX was free I just paid to have registered. But if I needed a part I sold something I had laying around and used part sold money to buy what was needed.
I may have $350 in this bike maybe a bit more.
Again I’m just shocked 40 HP on a 2nd bore cylinder no porting, VForce3 reeds, FMF SST pipe, 86 CR 500 carb, and a OEM 1985 Honda ATC headgasket.
Thanks everyone for chiming in on my project

·
Registered
12,970 Posts
After riding bike this past weekend I couldn’t be more happier with this bike for what it is!
Was not looking for a fastest bike shootout up Oldsmobile hill or China wall, but was looking for something that could be used and enjoyed and not use my wallet for any parts I needed to buy.
But again I am so happy with turnout especially for most of all parts and pieces on this bike were free or just sitting in tubs or boxes in garage! For that matter this 86 TRX was free I just paid to have registered. But if I needed a part I sold something I had laying around and used part sold money to buy what was needed.
I may have $350 in this bike maybe a bit more.
Again I’m just shocked 40 HP on a 2nd bore cylinder no porting, VForce3 reeds, FMF SST pipe, 86 CR 500 carb, and a OEM 1985 Honda ATC headgasket.
Thanks everyone for chiming in on my project
Congratulations on a nice OEM setup....!

Don't be shocked Mike, OEM cylinders make awesome power and are the most reliable to date. When porting, matched setups even as a Duner, MX, TT or Woods....68MM x 72MM OEM's can hit 57HP/40TrQ. In some cases considerably higher than 310's or 292's. Check out the BDT 68MM x 72MM link and Dyno Graph for a MX engine...better than 99% of 310's...

https://www.trx250r.net/forum/bdt-motorsports/28248-dyno-chart-wurks-bdt-motorsports-261cc.html

Carlos BDTM 06162014.jpg

·
Registered
188 Posts
Took bike too glamis this weekend this bike was fun too ride. Cousin loved it too bad that is junker bike so when friends family show up this is what they will ride!
Not my good stuff loaning out anymore!

Well, ya know dirt bikes and quads might get slutted around but never ask to ride a man's street bike!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Were these #'s at wheel or engine......? See they give out around 8k. Pretty good for stock. Imagine hoping my ported goes to 10-11k, upwards of 55-60. HI RPM Port, head configuration on 108 cam2. Check out Richards' Engine Development. Maines hidden gem, IMO.
Did my 99 583cc ski-doo. Torque monster, 80 trq-112hp at 7800 +/- tach being off. Sock 670's had 80 tq, so I was happy.

Like to see more dyno runs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congratulations on a nice OEM setup....!

Don't be shocked Mike, OEM cylinders make awesome power and are the most reliable to date. When porting, matched setups even as a Duner, MX, TT or Woods....68MM x 72MM OEM's can hit 57HP/40TrQ. In some cases considerably higher than 310's or 292's. Check out the BDT 68MM x 72MM link and Dyno Graph for a MX engine...better than 99% of 310's...

https://www.trx250r.net/forum/bdt-motorsports/28248-dyno-chart-wurks-bdt-motorsports-261cc.html

Carlos View attachment 60015
so is there really an advantage of using a 310 cylinder?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts