Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! Just picked up a 2005 paul turner pc 2000 340 powervalve cylinder. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a piston rather than going through duncan. Does anyone know who manufactures their pistons? I was also wondering if it is necessary to run an aftermarket ignition or stator for tbis applicatio.. Any info at all on this subject would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
it isn't necessary to run an aftermarket ignition. I don't know if they modify their pistons for this cylinder or not. Carlos would be best equipped to answer that. I got a new top-end from Duncan recently for my 275 pc2000

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks for the info tbone ^^ how would i be able to reach carlos?? Id like to figure out what to do asap....itching to ride this beast lol. On a different note i qas also wondering what crank to use. Duncan recommends a stock honda crank (impossible to find) or a rebuild with a versah rod. I was told to stay away from.hot rods cranks. Anyone got an opinion?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Carlos's Number at BDT is 909-466-9152. I highly recomend calling him. He has helped me out with my engines many times. Does a great job at laying your best options out for you.

Reactions: acecarlos

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I like the cr ign. in my 340

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you run a cr crank along with the ignition? Also can i get away with running a stock trans and stock radiator? Or do i.need to upgrade to a larger after market radiator and a aftermarket yukon gear set?

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
You run a TRX crank with the CR ignition. No need for a aftermarket radiator or aftermarket gears. Stockers work great.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
All you need is a spacer plate and the 87-89 Hot Rods OEM replacement crank. There is nothing wrong with the new Hot Rods cranks. You can talk to Carlos about the cranks as well, I got my HotRods from him

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I'm not sure what crank is in mine.
Should be good with a good oem radiator, my radiator is just a little thicker than stock...but no where near as thick as a cbr or pwr...
Yukons...I've heard as long as you have a good set of gears it's ok. Wouldnt hurt having them cyro an cut.

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
Hello everyone! Just picked up a 2005 paul turner pc 2000 340 powervalve cylinder. I was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a piston rather than going through duncan. Does anyone know who manufactures their pistons? I was also wondering if it is necessary to run an aftermarket ignition or stator for tbis applicatio.. Any info at all on this subject would be greatly appreciated!! THANKS!!
Wiseco made the piston kits....

I like the cr ign. in my 340
X2

All you need is a spacer plate and the 87-89 Hot Rods OEM replacement crank. There is nothing wrong with the new Hot Rods cranks. You can talk to Carlos about the cranks as well, I got my HotRods from him
The HotRod cranks are good....NO issues with them, use with confidence.

Carlos

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@ acecarlos, if you are carlos from bdt id like to pick your brain on this specific aplication, is there a phone number i can reach you at?

·
Registered
13,278 Posts
On any engine, the CR250R IGN is a very good upgrade....basically wakes the engine up, easier starting, however, no lights at this time. Come May 1st....we will have them with lighting coils.

Carlos

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whats a good pipe to run? I have a paul turner trx6 and a paul turner trx race, and i am running an 39 mm keihin pwk. What combos have yall tried and liked?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Whats a good pipe to run? I have a paul turner trx6 and a paul turner trx race, and i am running an 39 mm keihin pwk. What combos have yall tried and liked?
What porting is the cylinder. If your not sure look under the intake there will be numbers there or some kind or ingraving. Call Duncan and Loren will tell you everything you need to know about your cylinder.

-Steve

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its a mid range porting setup and i would love to have a conversation with duncan about this motor but the last time i spoke with
Loren he acted like he was higher than god and didnt really wanna talk to me with out the cylinder in his hands.i gave him a the identification numbers off.the cylinder and he couldnt even go into his database to tell me what i had. I dont feel like giving my money to someone who is going to act like that. At this point i think ill just send the piston out to CP to be copied and buy a diamond stone hone Check my clearances and decide on where to go from there depending on what my cleaeances are. I dont mean to bash duncan but i spent good money on this cylinder and was planning on spending more with them to freshen this thing up but after the way i was treated id like to stay away from them, if loren wants to act like that fine dont take my money go deal with your four stroke customers
I will perform all of my rebuilds by myself

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I run a new OEM CDI and coil inmy 86 ATC with a 330 it starts easy in 2 kicks if it sits for more than 3-4 hrs other wise 1 kick. No kick backs. At the time there was not a CR set up with a lighting coil.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Its a mid range porting setup and i would love to have a conversation with duncan about this motor but the last time i spoke with
Loren he acted like he was higher than god and didnt really wanna talk to me with out the cylinder in his hands.i gave him a the identification numbers off.the cylinder and he couldnt even go into his database to tell me what i had. I dont feel like giving my money to someone who is going to act like that. At this point i think ill just send the piston out to CP to be copied and buy a diamond stone hone Check my clearances and decide on where to go from there depending on what my cleaeances are. I dont mean to bash duncan but i spent good money on this cylinder and was planning on spending more with them to freshen this thing up but after the way i was treated id like to stay away from them, if loren wants to act like that fine dont take my money go deal with your four stroke customers
I will perform all of my rebuilds by myself
I had this same experience with Duncan. So I sent my PC2000 cylinder to GThunder. I would talk to Carlos about getting a top-end kit for it. I'm sure the piston doesn't have anything very special done to it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts