Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice job Tony, I wish I knew what Honda uses for the rubber in there hangers because it sure bonds well. What ever happen to the guy that was making the nice stainless ones that were failing, they looked real nice also.
These ones made by Billygoat look great. Very professional looking!

Honda sells them for $30 each. If you do the math that means they are building them for $10. So Billygoat and I have to build them for $15 each. He is selling them for $55 a set. I can build these for $15 but it costs another $15 to polish. So I am looking at $30 each polished. $15 unpolished.

Reactions: Team Pistelak

·
Registered
312 Posts
These ones made by Billygoat look great. Very professional looking!

Honda sells them for $30 each. If you do the math that means they are building them for $10. So Billygoat and I have to build them for $15 each. He is selling them for $55 a set. I can build these for $15 but it costs another $15 to polish. So I am looking at $30 each polished. $15 unpolished.
I bought a set of them and the rubber fell right out.:eek: Looked nice , but that was about it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Nice job Tony, I wish I knew what Honda uses for the rubber in there hangers because it sure bonds well. What ever happen to the guy that was making the nice stainless ones that were failing, they looked real nice also.
emailed billygoat last week. this is the response i got:

Unforunately I do not. I've had an issue with the rubber contracting over time and basically pulling itself apart over time. I've had to warranty a couple different sets and until I'm able to find a suitable replacement resin that doesn't have the same issue I don't want to make anymore. I've tried 3 different other ones and after sitting about a month or so the same issue starts to happen. I'm sorry for the inconvenience...if I do ever come up with some kind of product I can use that doesn't have the problem and make more I'll definitely let you know.

-Billy

pumashine: can you make these out of aluminum instead of stainless?? nice work by the way!!

thanks
joe

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pumashine: can you make these out of aluminum instead of stainless?? nice work by the way!!

thanks
joe
Yes Joe I considered using aluminum for the center section which would hold up fine. The Delrin center section insert is held in place by the outer skins. I am afraid the outer skins made of aluminum would strip out with the stainless screws that hold them together. One skin is tapped for the screw. Then the nut locks against the threaded skin. Using aluminum would reduce weight and production time making them less expensive. Polished aluminum does not stay shiny like stainless does.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hey tony Those are the best looking hangers Ive ever seen. You are going to be offering an entire kit i would assume like Billy Goat used to? If so post some pics of the other hangers and add them to your web page so i can order some

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's a pic so you can see the construction.

Available in larger bolt to bolt sizes.

Will get another picture with dimensions of bolt to bolt measurements.

Reactions: etccb and danhung11

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I wanted to make an alternative rear hanger bracket for Dan so I turned the holding hardware 90 degrees. The one on the right without the extra slot has an aluminum center. It seems to be quite a bit lighter.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
nice & blingy for sure ....looks & function are different in my mind ...so that compels me to ask ..why do all have "slotted holes "..??
offering a choice of .... slot or not :) ,..would appeal to me even more if I was a buyer ..

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes Dave, you are right. In a perfect scenario you would just swap out the 3 stock mounts with exact copies made with a single hole. I have been installing pipes for 20 years and have spent many hours with a file slotting the stock mounts because each pipe is ever so slightly different. One of the most important factors in getting your bolts to stay tight is the alignment of the holes you are putting the bolt through. If the bolt is at an angle and the pipe moves just a hair then it becomes loose and eventually fall apart. There are a total of 7 mounts each with different adjustment lengths. Anyone wanting the stock replica can order it without the slot.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts