Honda TRX250R Forums banner

Damaged Case Saver Mounts

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  sictrxr 
#1 ·
I've seen a lot of 250R cases that were 100% good shape except for damaged case saver mounting holes. Since God will send you straight to Hell for not running a case saver on the quad he designed, what do you guys do in a situation like that?

#2 ·
if the mounts (ONLY) are busted off & case is good
there is a fix ..sorta ..
well I have seen it done anyways ..
I knew someone who ground offthe remaining material flush to the case,then he cut out sections of the inner clutch hub where the bolts hold the clutch springs & welded them in the correct loaction to be able to mount a case saver ..

#3 ·
My 250R was an eBay special (read: POS) and the case saver mounting holes were busted. I was able to use a Dremel and very carefully cut the damaged area off. I then installed spacers and mounted up a Noss Machine case saver (best on the market IMHO). I'll try to attach some pics tomorrow.

#7 ·
i dont like them. i had one break on me because my motor ripped out of the frame on the front and the chain broke too. so yeah i hate that motor, its not in a bike, but its fast as hell. i dont know whats in it though.

did my best.

i like my nacs case saver, i just cant imagine what kind of abuse id have to do to break a chain violently. i don't wish to experience it

-Brett-

#8 ·
the one time i broke my chain violently is when i was in the snow spinning the tires in 5th or 6th and i was only moving like 5mph and suddenly got great traction. the chain was kinda worn and when it let loose it bunched up between the sprocket and the case, breaking the part of the case where the shifter shaft comes out.

#11 ·
i,ve been running a case saver ever since a broke chain destroied my little brothers mojave cases. the worst part was the amount of backwoods engineering to put it back together, just to sell itfor pennys on the dollar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.