Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1986 250R
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my second hand CT pipe in the mail today, and it came with 2 header pieces. One looks like it fits and the other won’t fit the new BDT billet flange.
I know I answered my own question on which one to use, but is there a flange that will fit the”pipe in pipe” header piece?
Still need to clean up the other header piece
Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Motor vehicle Gas

Gas Machine Engineering Nickel Auto part

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle frame Bicycle fork Motor vehicle

·
Registered
433 Posts
That inner pipe is original to the CT mid-range headpipes & it's meant to increase torque... so they say. I have an oem exhaust flange with an insert in it for the same reason. I also have one of those CT mid-range pipes & it fits into a stock exhaust flange no problem so the I.D. of your bdt exhaust flange must be slightly smaller than an oem flange... The other headpipe that came with your CT pipe looks like FMF... Be sure to dry fit the CT pipe with the FMF headpipe because I have an FMF pipe with a bad headpipe so I was going to use the headpipe from my CT pipe but it's shorter than the FMF headpipe so it wouldn't all align properly.

·
Registered
1986 250R
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That inner pipe is original to the CT mid-range headpipes & it's meant to increase torque... so they say. I have an oem exhaust flange with an insert in it for the same reason. I also have one of those CT mid-range pipes & it fits into a stock exhaust flange no problem so the I.D. of your bdt exhaust flange must be slightly smaller than an oem flange... The other headpipe that came with your CT pipe looks like FMF... Be sure to dry fit the CT pipe with the FMF headpipe because I have an FMF pipe with a bad headpipe so I was going to use the headpipe from my CT pipe but it's shorter than the FMF headpipe so it wouldn't all align properly.
I believe the other header is from a Pro Circuit if i remember what the seller told me.
Should I just go back to the OEM flange? I don’t want to force that pipe onto the new flange.

Is the billet flange suppose to fit all the way down, meaning is it meant to push into that CT piece and fit flush?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Man I remember getting on here (was it here? Maybe there was some other 250R forum back then that was popular) in like 2003 with a similar issue with an FMF pipe. I was surprised that an FMF didn't fit of all things but it ended up being that I had to cut down the sealing rings on the stock flange that are like piston rings. I went by a different handle back then.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I believe the other header is from a Pro Circuit if i remember what the seller told me.
Should I just go back to the OEM flange? I don’t want to force that pipe onto the new flange.

Is the billet flange suppose to fit all the way down, meaning is it meant to push into that CT piece and fit flush?
Yes the headpipe is supposed to slip over the flange until its close to bottoming out. The mounting surface on your billet flange looks to be a lot thicker than an oem flange so I'd say the pipe will probably slip over until its completely touching the flange. Since the CT headpipe won't slip into the flange you could cut the inner collar out of it if you don't mind cutting on your new/used pipe.

·
Registered
1986 250R
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try a different flange or so first, then I just may cut it down.

·
Registered
588 Posts
none of pipe pics r hand made. look stamp. bdt flange fits al pipes i use. no inside pipe.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts