Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to do the ct racing 370 non pv kit with a 4 mm stroker crank in my R i ice race and some mild track racing just a little mx track in my home town Im wondering if anyone has input on this kit and wondering what supporting mods ill need or want. do i send my motor to ct racing? im new to the R world im 15 and can ride a quad pretty well and just want a insane in your face power im racing with a 273 and blow the boors off banshees and 450s and just want to give the built 450s a run for there money any help/advice would be supper helpfull

· Super Moderator
817 Posts
I’m sure the CT Racing 370 kit will help with the built 450s.

If you’re serious, give Allen at CT a call and he’ll walk you through the kits they offer and the recommended modifications. Note that it won’t be cheap. In addition to the cylinder kit, you’ll have to bore your cases to accept the cylinder, and, while you’re at it, you’ll want to rebuild the bottom end and make sure everything else is in good working order as well, e.g, tranny, clutch, counterbalancer, etc. The extras will include intake, carb, and exhaust. And if you’re running an OEM ignition, it’s only time before it gives out and you need to replace it with something else, such as a CR or Zeel, so keep that in mind.

Alternatively, LED racing is another great option to consider for engine kits. ESR is supposed to start making their big bore kits again as well, but that’s been the case for years at this point, so who knows if it’ll actually come true.

· Registered
30 Posts
Im wanting to do the ct racing 370 non pv kit with a 4 mm stroker crank in my R i ice race and some mild track racing just a little mx track in my home town Im wondering if anyone has input on this kit and wondering what supporting mods ill need or want. do i send my motor to ct racing? im new to the R world im 15 and can ride a quad pretty well and just want a insane in your face power im racing with a 273 and blow the boors off banshees and 450s and just want to give the built 450s a run for there money any help/advice would be supper helpfull
wanted to do the same thing and ct said that the 350pv is a much better all around motor so that's what I went with. frame gussets are recommended when pushing up the power, everything else is built well enough. ct will check out your motor and tell you if you need to rebuild/replace anything and you will get back a fine running motor. change your ignition and by all means get in touch with ace Carlos on this site or at bdt motor works . very helpful and knowledgeable about these quads and trikes. he also does big bore rebuilds.

· Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I did the CT350 PV also. Stroker is probably nicer but on 110 VP it feels about as strong as my CR500 for whatever that’s worth. Mad torque, 4th gear wheelies and pulls past basic piped Banshees up Oldsmobile Hill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts