Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my engine back together. This is my 1st time doing this, and I am using a tusk crank puller to pull the cases back onto the crank.

I've run into a problem:.

Whenever I pulled the crank on the clutch side it looks like it pulls the crank away from the stator side, and Visa versa. It almost seems like I need two of these pullers to get it where it needs to be.

Also I am using koyo 8 ball crank bearings and the crank is a low hour oem crank that just had a new proX rod installed.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
613 Posts
Cool tool. I have not seen that one before. I am guessing you have something binding up between the cases. I would pull the crank out and put the cases together without the crank installed, to make sure nothing in the transmission or case dowels are binding.

Best regards
-Jason

·
Registered
12,794 Posts
I am putting my engine back together. This is my 1st time doing this, and I am using a tusk crank puller to pull the cases back onto the crank.

I've run into a problem:.

Whenever I pulled the crank on the clutch side it looks like it pulls the crank away from the stator side, and Visa versa. It almost seems like I need two of these pullers to get it where it needs to be.

Also I am using koyo 8 ball crank bearings and the crank is a low hour oem crank that just had a new proX rod installed.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Assuming case half's have come fully together, per Honda specifications; .5MM or .020" side to side crankshaft play is acceptable. The question is how much play do you have...?

Make sure the crankshaft & rod has been assembled correctly; if the total width is wrong after the new assembly (wrong spacers, washers, needle bearing, total stack width) it will have a shorter overall width, combined with worn shafts will slide right to left excessively. I have seen quite a few crankshafts re-built incorrectly, and this is the end result.

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts