Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know, this has been posted many times. But to the best of my ability I can not locate a post clearly stating the best way to run a cr250 ignition while still maintaining the stock on off switch and headlight. Can someone link me to a good post explaining how you can run everything with original hardware? Or even just a good explanation right here would be awesome.
Looking to install a 01 setup with a lighted stator so far.
Thanks!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Need like a power drill battery
then hook in line where stator light wire would be but to battery instead

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was really hoping to avoid the battery if at all possible. Want the power gain, but also don’t wanna have to mess with a battery every time I ride. I know the cr’s obviously arnt set up for lights, but someone has to have come up with an upgrade of somekind

·
Registered
165 Posts
You can buy a used stator with a lighting setup on 500riders, Service honda is now bought out but aj still has the hookup and sells some stuff on ebay...

Reactions: douglas

·
Registered
633 Posts
Does anyone have dyno runs of cr ignition vs stock? I keep hearing about how great it is, but have not seen any numbers

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought a 01 CR ignition recently and it works 1000% better on my big bore than the stock ignition. It's definitely a huge improvement. I haven't added lights yet but you can buy an 01 replacement stator from Ricky Stator that has lighting coils that produce around 50W.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I run a ballistic battery setup with CR ignition and it works great. LED head light and tail light. The battery is very small and easily mounted under the nose.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So with the lighted stator you still can’t run that to the stock headlight as I understand, no one really explained the issue but just said you can’t.. so I’m still a bit confused on the subject

·
Registered
163 Posts
I was told that a guy on facebook is selling cr ignitions that support lighting, but I don't have facebook and have not confirmed. It would be cool to lose the battery, but I don't even notice it. It lasts plenty long enough with LED's, charges quick, and it's pretty tiny.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
So with the lighted stator you still can’t run that to the stock headlight as I understand, no one really explained the issue but just said you can’t.. so I’m still a bit confused on the subject
Yes, you can run a light limited to 35W...I am against running anything except the OEM Honda Stator. All the aftermarket CR125R, CR250R or CR500R Lighted Stators are Junk IMO...very poor Chinese or Taiwanese quality that fail quickly, and burns out your IGN stator Coil as well.

I run a ballistic battery setup with CR ignition and it works great. LED head light and tail light. The battery is very small and easily mounted under the nose.
IMO the Best way to go, one that we use at BDT Motorsports with success.

I know I know, this has been posted many times. But to the best of my ability I can not locate a post clearly stating the best way to run a cr250 ignition while still maintaining the stock on off switch and headlight. Can someone link me to a good post explaining how you can run everything with original hardware? Or even just a good explanation right here would be awesome.
Looking to install a 01 setup with a lighted stator so far.
Thanks!
You can't run lights with an OEM Honda CR250R IGN. The Honda OEM Stator has NO Lighting Coil(s), only IGN Coils. The best option per above is a Ballistic Battery, or even just a battery. IMO leave the Honda OEM electrical components in place & alone, they are the very best quality, providing the most reliability.

Perform a search...this topic has been discussed multiple times.

Carlos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts