Honda TRX250R Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used it some more and it might have been just from being new since after a little more use it didn’t get as hot and was just as hot as the CR stuff. It worked just fine and was easy to install plus it has lights.
The BDT rotor does get hot that is normal, the stator wire and enamel are selected to operate at this higher temperature. The BDT/SH ignition has a ton more electrical power, and a lighting circuit.

·
Premium Member
13,284 Posts
Been selling these with Gregg Foster aka Service Honda Legend & IGN Guru for a few years now. Little to any problems, and the issues we have encountered, Gregg has stepped up and made the needed changes to support the 250R community.

We are grateful for Gregg's expertise, and help in developing a solid IGN for 250R's, one with a built-in 100W lighting coil that also allows you to run a full Fan (same or similar to 450R's), this is extremely critical for BB (Big Bore) Engines on the Track, Dunes, Woods, or General riding.

You can run your Lights, and a Fan at the same time; NO other IGN on the market that we have seen or tried is capable of running a full Light Bar + a Fan without issues.

Two Strokes, especially BB engines, suffer from Heat Saturation, under load and the Cooling Fan eliminates over heating to a significant point allowing for consistent Lap Times & MPH during a race, and not losing MPH from Heat Saturation....in the Dunes it's a Day & Night difference in keeping BB Engines Cool....that alone is a Huge Benefit to the BDT/SH IGN.

Carlos

·
Registered
599 Posts
so local dude @ glamis lighting up hill with bdt ign. pulling fan. pumping mega big light bar. amazing.

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 65 of 65 Posts