Honda TRX250R Forums banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I’ve never seen one in person and knew they were smaller than oem but it looks like a toy flywheel. It makes sense why everyone says they rev so much faster seeing how small and light they are. I was excited to install it and was disappointed when I realized the cdi wasn’t in the box and have to wait till next weekend.

·
Registered
599 Posts
bdt ignition is the bomb. best ignition 4 250r. bdt

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I installed it today and either I did something wrong or something isn’t working right. I grounded the coil to the tank mount and added a second ground to the same spot I had my oem ignition grounded to. It started fine with the oem stuff and it doesn’t have spark with the CR stuff. I put my oem back on and used same ground spot and it starts right up. The seller said he’d send another stator/flywheel for me to try so I hope that’s the issue. Well not really but if it runs I’ll be happy.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I texted Carlos and I explained which wires I connected and where I ran my grounds and he didn’t say anything was wrong so he’s sending another stator just in case mine is bad but he doesn’t think it is. I’ll play with it again tomorrow and I’ll let him know if I get it running. It fires right up with the oem stuff so not sure why it won’t work. The only thing I just thought of was the metal I made a bracket out of was a gold color so is possible it’s not a good ground?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It’s my fault for not asking about the kit. I assumed it was oem since I read all the posts on here about cr ignition and he even said never use aftermarket electronics in multiple posts so I assumed it was all oem parts in the kit especially at the price it was. I wouldn’t have bought it had I known.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
It’s my fault for not asking about the kit. I assumed it was oem since I read all the posts on here about cr ignition and he even said never use aftermarket electronics in multiple posts so I assumed it was all oem parts in the kit especially at the price it was. I wouldn’t have bought it had I known.
are you sure you have the wires going to the coil right?you didnt hook up your kill black with white wire?did you watch my videos?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
yes i watched them over and over. the spade terminal jumper wire included in the kit is plugged onto the coil spade temrinal and is connected to 1 of the 2 black/yellow wires off the cdi. I have the coil mounted to a metal plate and that plate is bolted to the front tank mount hole on an ATC. I have the cdi green wire with ring terminal grounded to the coil on the bolt mounting coil to the plate. I have a 2nd ground from the coil plate going to the oem ground on the steering tube where I had my oem harness grounded. I'm no electrical wizard but this stuff seems pretty simple but I could have something hooked up wrong.

·
Registered
505 Posts
it's all oem usa made parts what are you talking about.
How can you make that statement with a straight face?the only thing Oem in that kit posted is an Oem coil.we all know your a bdt fan but his sale ad for this ignition is very misleading,the way it’s posted someone would think they are getting a 2001 HONDA CR250 ignition not some Frankenstein set up.Hopefully the guy who paid a premium for it gets it sorted or gets his money back...

·
Registered
505 Posts
If the stator is Oem it will have kz3 engraved in The corner,if the flywheel is Oem it will have denso kz3v Engraved in it.We already know the orange cdi is not Oem Honda ..Unless those parts are marked as such they are not Oem even if Carlos has them made in the same factory as he has previously claimed related to his reproduced “Oem”cdi.LMAO...Honda OEM would be made in Japan not USA.So Opal not sure about your statement of all Oem made in USA ...Last I checked Honda parts were made in Japan .

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I messed with it a little this morning and tried without killed switch plugged in even though the switch worked before I installed the new kit and still no spark. I tried different ground spots with no luck. I hope I’m doing something wrong and the stator isn’t bad and Carlos has been super helpful with replying right away to any questions so I want it to work. He said he’s never had a kit not work so I may just be a dumbass.

·
Registered
507 Posts
it's all oem usa made parts what are you talking about.
Like Action69 said there are no OEM 250R parts made in the USA. In another thread awhile back bdt claimed his CDI was made by Shindengen, the same company that makes OEM Honda CDI's but than on his ebay add for this ignition it says it's a Vortech CDI which are made in Australia. Now your claiming all the parts are made in America.... I hope for the sake of the the guy installing this ignition everything works out.

·
Registered
599 Posts
bs. bdt cr250r ign usa made. bdt oem trx-atc cdi made in japan. ignorant crap posts

i have the best. bdt built engines.
bdt261 oem
bdt363 prox
bdt391 ceo
bdt431 puma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,284 Posts
Amazing all the ignorant post made, if you don't know the facts, don't post, it only confuses everyone, and stains what is a great CR250R BDT IGN option. To be clear:

The OEM type 86-89 CDI's BDT had & sold out on (all 200 pcs) came from Japan and Made by Shindengen.

The BDT CR250R IGN with Lighting Coils is composed of numerous components, the CDI Box is made by Vortex, the Electronics are Made in the USA, the Timing is based on the 2001 CR250R Honda. The BDT Stator is Made in the USA, as well as final assembly. The Billet Stator Adapter is Made in the USA. The Rectifier/Regulator is Made in Twain. All the components are assembled & tested in the USA.

The BDT CR250R IGN with Lighting Coil was developed (further development/improvements continue) in conjunction with the same electronic engineer that developed Service Honda IGN (Service Honda is no longer in business), it is based on similar components, however; it is NOT the same system Service Honda sold for the CR500R.

As far as Joey112 goes; as soon as Joey told me he was having issues, I responded, assisted and committed to sending him a new Stator & Flywheel fully tested (the CDI's are 'Bullet Proof' and have never failed), these are shipping Tuesday to Joey. I don't know of another 250R focused company that would send a customer electronic components without receiving the original ones first & testing them to determine what happened.

So, stop posting 'Crap' & 'Bull Shit', Joey is being taken care with the very 'Best' customer service, don't need your ignorant crap...!

Carlos

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I don’t think many companies if any would have replied to my questions so quickly or offer to send parts without knowing if my issue is 100% a bad part so I don’t think anyone can say BDT has bad customer service. I haven’t found any company that offers so many R parts like he does so having access to them and one on one help is great for the R community. I posted how I have it wired up so if it was wrong I’m assuming someone would catch it and I’d be up and running.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Funny thing is your for sale ad has quiet a vague description alluding to this being a 2001 cr250r ignition.The term oem is thrown around quiet a bit as well.Last I checked oem parts were made by Honda in Japan.I’ll leave it at that call it crap ,bullshit whatever you like.I have no skin in the game ,I hope the buyer is happy with his ignition I was just stating facts.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts