Honda TRX250R Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2001 ignition kit on the way and I've done a lot of searching on here about installing them and from what it seems there's no timing adjustment needed so this should be a bolt on plug and play install, right? It comes with the stator adapter plate so that sets the timing is what I'm assuming.

Registered
Yep, should be. Depending on the adaptor plate, there may be adjustment for advancing/retarding the timing. Just make sure to set that in (the hopefully obvious) center/0 position.

If you have any issues, sell it to me 馃榿馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know it鈥檚 not all oem but I鈥檓 hoping this guy wouldn鈥檛 sell junk but the more I read on here since I bought it there鈥檚 a lot of good/bad talk about the place I bought it from. There鈥檚 nothing wrong with my oem ignition if this kit doesn鈥檛 work like it should.

Registered
I know it鈥檚 not all oem but I鈥檓 hoping this guy wouldn鈥檛 sell junk but the more I read on here since I bought it there鈥檚 a lot of good/bad talk about the place I bought it from. There鈥檚 nothing wrong with my oem ignition if this kit doesn鈥檛 work like it should.
it's the cr500 with 100watt lighting stator also have the weight added.they are great.i have 2 of them.switched from the 02cr ignition so i can run a fan and lights.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for posting them. It's cool that they allow lights to be run and one of the reasons I bought it since mine is missing the regulator and wiring. I should be getting the kit today and will install tomorrow so I'll post about how it turns out. I didn't get why the dude was holding a cig near rad hose in the video until you said somehting about a fan and saw it blowing on it lol

Registered
Hopefully it works well for you because it鈥檚 electrical I doubt they would accept a return..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a chance to open the box and look at it and I didn't realize how small the stator/flywheel is. Damn thing fits in the palm of my hand lol. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to install it tomorrow due to something missing from the kit but they're shipping it out so that's cool he took care of it right away.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts