Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i cant take credit for the find. but will take credit for imagination. the year master cylinder 2004- 2017 maybe 18.. looks clean aint got that big ole black rubber hose and old yellowed deformed oil resi. to start with i seen bdt selling a kit for 400 plus dollars. WOW!!!! MY COST found some used 2007 mc's on fleabay 20 ea. rebuilt 1 20ish bucks. drew up and printed a adapter plate. eye to eye stock mc 44.5 mm cr style eye to eye 48.5 mm.. so it took me 3 prints to fine tune adapter. cost in filament maybe 3 bucks... now i dont care if anyone here says " u cant use or shouldnt use plastic. " i printed in petg which is very close to abs for strength and heat resistance. plus its much easier to print!. it feels rock solid. so if it holds up i will take it off and make a mold and use casting resin that i have used to make some rc helicopter main gears before. very strong durable resin!. as for the link i bought a long solid round 6061 aluminum rod. measured and cut off 27 mm. drilled and tapped 6mm. cost like 7.50 for much more rod than needed but im going to start anodizing sooo i will use it. i used clevis from the 07 mc cut a m6 15 mm bolt head off ran a gile to clean off burr. used red loctite and bickity bam. heres my shiny new cheap ass mc that will surely be plenty for years and years to come... once again credit hoes to bdt for the find . but . i dont even think they posted it on here.. thanks .. by my addition if u have the printer n such the whole cost is around 53 bucks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i could but first i want to test it . it feels rock solid on this setup . but right now im drawing another and will print tomorrow so its just the adapter plate . and you wouldnt need to make the rod extension. but i wouldnt send anything out as of now that could possibly hurt anyone or their babies..

·
Registered
11 Posts
seems easy enough. Could easily have a metal plate laser cut and metal spacers. I have now added this to my things to do list.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what files do cutters use ? the 3d printers use a few differant type files. i mainly use .stl files for slicing

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
If you had a 250r mc you can easily swap the pushrod also. That what I did when I switched to a trx450r mc.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the rod that pushes in on the trx250r is simply to fat to go into the orifice of the cr's that was the first thing i checked. looks like nissin started maybe making the cr and trx450s somewhat interchangeable. as for the adapter 2.0. its not possible to move the cylinder down and use oem linkage because the site window area will hit the frame. however if you moved body and everything out... yadda yadda yadda. it would look funky then youd have to bend rod to get the alignment back. im happy with my v1.3 a go. and have another member willing to test it to see how it holds. i see a bit of flex but nothing great. and if anyone is wondering what petg is. the thin see thru water you buy in stores . the water bottles are made of that. when layered it becomes pretty resiliant. so we shall see.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VZM.IMG_20180322_101826.jpg that my friends is a print made from abs. i upgraded my extruder and nozzle and tried a differant type of print. its flawless. that is clear abs. it looks whiteish because of the inner layers of plastic. right now i have plenty of clear and black.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
400 dollars ! im getting close to retirement... lmao just kidding.dont know really. for mount with out hardware 12 shipped. with hardware so all u need would be the mc 30 shipped.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think i will also be making a piece that will go onto the brake lever so when the mc rod gets to the end of the stroke it will stop it between the frame and pedal so it saves stress on the adapter and paint !

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im also going to design a easy paint saver that will clip over thr frame to save the paint back where the heels rub... stay tuned

·
Super Moderator
4,273 Posts
This right here, is what sets sites apart from each others. When you going into production with this adapter & master cylinder change over kit.
Probably be best, for a few months of field testing the durability of that adapter first though. It aint much fun when you press that brake lever & those rear brakes dont work, at the last moment.
Neil

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the biggest hinderance to the abs is you cant get gasoline or brake clean on it !. the petg is pretty much impervious to eveything ! except fire lol and huge limbs and hammers..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok so ive basically redesigned this and it now incorperates a piece that hooks to the frame between the original mount and downtube also no adapter link is needed ! and the mc is perfectly verticle to pedal... no flex at all !. been working on a member that has a totally aftemarket frame and pedal. without having it here to measure and tweek his will be hit and miss. but if you have stock setup i think its ready will post pics wed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
here it is...on the stock frame. 20180413_152527.jpg next comes a shield with a window for a quick view of the fluid. it basically slides onto the down tube and a flat plate will hold it on. all the bolts except the top mc mount bolt will be used 4 total. to reinforce the abs... cheers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts