Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know roughly how much endplay the countershaft should have? I just finished a bottom end rebuild and it moves .010, just want to make sure that’s ok before I go any further. Thanks, Mike

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Anyone know roughly how much endplay the countershaft should have? I just finished a bottom end rebuild and it moves .010, just want to make sure that’s ok before I go any further. Thanks, Mike
Ideal is .002" to .005" or about .125MM maximum per Honda Service Manual Specs. However; with =>33 year old engines, sometimes the only way is to shim the gears & transmission back to the OEM specs.

With that said, .010" or .25MM will work, it will become looser when the engine comes up to temperature....shifting won't be as smooth as if <.125MM

Carlos

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ideal is .002" to .005" or about .125MM maximum per Honda Service Manual Specs. However; with =>33 year old engines, sometimes the only way is to shim the gears & transmission back to the OEM specs.

With that said, .010" or .25MM will work, it will become looser when the engine comes up to temperature....shifting won't be as smooth as if <.125MM

Carlos
Thanks Carlos!! It’s actuall closer to .008 after I checked again. What’s weird is this engine was clean without any real wear anywhere. The gasket seemed on the thick side and I thought maybe that was part of the problem. It was an oem Honda gasket .. Oh well!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts