Honda TRX250R Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't like the way my water jackets and head gasket look upon taking apart my motor. They appear to be "rust" colored with very very small particles in the container where I drained it. I suspect the previous owner ran a heavy water mix or even straight water for a period of time. Everything else looks fine except those areas. So I'm going to do a coolant flush.
My question is can I get away with buying a cheaper automotive or something of the sort for this? I plan on doing a few heat cycles and a couple trips up and down the street. Up to temp, come back and drain. Repeat this for a few times. I usually run engine ice but if I don't have to buy 6 jugs of it to do what I'm trying to accomplish, I'd rather not. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,058 Posts
I don't like the way my water jackets and head gasket look upon taking apart my motor. They appear to be "rust" colored with very very small particles in the container where I drained it. I suspect the previous owner ran a heavy water mix or even straight water for a period of time. Everything else looks fine except those areas. So I'm going to do a coolant flush.
My question is can I get away with buying a cheaper automotive or something of the sort for this? I plan on doing a few heat cycles and a couple trips up and down the street. Up to temp, come back and drain. Repeat this for a few times. I usually run engine ice but if I don't have to buy 6 jugs of it to do what I'm trying to accomplish, I'd rather not. Any feed back would be great. Thanks.

Yes, you can run the less expensive Radiator Coolants made for Aluminum (99% are compatible), Auto Parts stores sell the Gallon for a lot less than Motorcycle shops.

Carlos

1 - 3 of 3 Posts